Stubborn

Rex looks at you in just as much shock, "y/n?" he asks.

You rush over to him and throw your arms around him in a hug, it was so nice to see someone familiar who wasn't trying to gun you down on sight. Million questions run through your mind wanting to be asked, but with a shake of your head you decide to just let Rex say what he came here too since he had obviously come for a reason. You let go and thats when the others approach and greet Rex as well.

From there all of. you move to sit at the bar and talk, Rex sharing the information he feels the need too. Eventually Wrecker and Omega come back from their little expedition to go get some snacks to celebrate the mission complete. Wrecker rushes in and lifts Rex off the ground in a hug.

"I thought you didn't like the regs?" Omega questions.

"We like this one," Wrecker responds as he places Rex pack on his feet.

Rex approaches Omega and looks her over saying, "I've seen my share of clones but in all my years I've never seen one like you."

"You generation one," Omega says, eyeing him.

"How can you tell?"

"The lines on your face."

Their conversation gets interrupted by Wrecker speaking again, "hey Tech I need one of those med packs, my headache is coming back."

"Headache?" Rex questions, suddenly defensive.

"Yes they're unfortunately getting more and more frequent."

"If you're worried about the chips theres no need, we are defective so they are as well," Tech responds.

"You're telling me you haven't removed your chips?" Rex asks in a low voice, his hand edging towards his blaster.

"No, not yet."

"Rex," Hunter tries to ease the tension.

"Those chips are more dangerous than you think, they make you a threat to everyone around you, including her," he gestures towards Omega. "Until you get them out you're ticking time bombs."

Take it easy captain."

"I've seen what happens when those chips activate and I don't want to have to bury anymore of our brothers. Trust me it is not something you can control, I couldn't. It is not a risk you want to take."

All of this puts you on edge, why exactly you hadn't connected the chips to Wrecker's headaches you weren't sure but you slowly move from your seat and hop to the opposite side of the bar. After everything you'd seen on Coruscant you couldn't help but be extremely paranoid, even if you had spent nearly a month with these clones and they were becoming like family. All the clones had been like family to the Jedi and yet they had turned so easily.

"How do you suggest we get them out?" Hunter asks after another few tense moments.

Rex finally releases his blaster, "good question."

You've been putting some puzzle pieces together and decide to jump in to ask, "well, how'd you get yours out Rex?"

There's the slightest of pauses before Rex answers that he'd had it removed on one of the Star Destroyers. A plan is made to go find one of those and meet up there so the bad batch can get their chips removed. So, you all follow through with that plan, flying with your new found family to meet Rex and get the chips removed.

You meed up and make your way to the star destroyer without being noticed by the inhabitants of the planet. It's as you're going through the ship that parts of it are revealed to be submerged in water, which is fine... Except that there's a 20 foot gap between the two platforms above the water. And the water is a good 50 feet below the platforms so its especially precarious.

They get a cable to bridge the gap and begin crawling to the other side one at a time, they have Omega go first then try to get you to go. "No, if I need to I can jump, you guys get across first," you argue, wanting to be the last one to cross since you'd be able to help them across if needed.

It was needed, by the time it was Wrecker's turn the point where the cord was secured had already been loosened then Wrecker's weight just pulled the thing completely out of the wall. Sending him plummeting down to the water below. He catches himself on the coord, giving a moment of relief before some tentacles and maybe a tongue come out of the water and wrap around him, trying to drag him in.

Impulsively you jump down there, to a platform just under the water's surface, you'd been on ships exactly like this most of your life, you knew it was there without having to look. From that platform you are able to barely reach Wrecker as he is struggling to climb away from the creature. You look up and see that the others are trying to pull him up as well, doing what they can to help but hardly making any progress.

"Don't do anything stupid!" you hear a shout from above you.

"Too late!" you shout back as you leap into the water, lightsaber drawn and begin cutting at the creature to save your friend. Through the murky water you're able to see that Wrecker is now well away from the surface, having been able to climb quickly with your distraction. Once he is far enough that the creature can't reach him you cut yourself free from its grasp and swim to the surface.

Upon breaking the surface the coord is dropped to just in front of you, allowing you to grab ahold of it and the others to pull you up. You'd done enough damage to the creature that there wasn't much need to keep fighting, giving you a chance to catch your breath from the almost minute you'd been under.

When you reach the platform you lay back to catch your breath and Hunter says, "kid thats probably the dumbest stunt you've pulled so far."

"Is that a challenge?" you ask in a joking tone. Before Hunter can protest you look at Rex and say, "can you try telling him that doing dumb shit is part of being a jedi? I'm not even that bad-" you sigh as you rise to your feet.

Rex shakes his head and looks at Hunter, "jedi are a stubborn bunch, and I'm afraid this one is just as stuck in their ways as the rest. But they're definitely not the most reckless, that award is still going to have to go to general Skywalker."

Hunter can only shake his head and say something along the lines of, "you're going to be the death of me."

Then you go and respond, "not on my watch," with a small smirk.

Hunter can only shake his head as all of you continue towards the med bay to start getting the chips out.