𝑰𝑽. Friends?

CUPID's CURSE!      /       VOL i

four ━━━━━━━ friends?

      Vincent can't remember the last time he's participated in sports. 

Growing up, he had never taken an interest in tennis, like his father, nor the various sport competitions his parents tried like hell to get him involved in. Unlike Ander, Vincent had no troubles shattering his father's undying dreams — for his two sons to play professionally. Overtime, his blatant and intense distaste for the sport only led to various hot and shocking disputes amongst the father and son to which eventually drove a hostile wedge between them. 

No matter the amount of times Azucena attempted to mend their relationship, the gap between them just never seemed to budge. It'd gotten to a point where they couldn't be kept in the same room without directing snide comments at each other. He'd made it pretty clear, around their 14th birthday, that Ander was his most favoured son. And though, yes Vincent never quite favoured his father as much, he still yearned for his father's admiration. 

Hence why, the young teenager reckoned dating Alanna West would somewhat please his father. And it did. 

Madrid's Primadonna and golden girl, Alanna West, is the daughter to perhaps one of the greatest sportsmen at present moment. If not, one of his father's favourites. So, you can only imagine the frenzy of delight this caused. That's not to say he only dated Alanna in regards to his father, he genuinely admired the soulful blue eyes that belonged to the fair-haired girl. 

A part of him will always like Alanna — yet he couldn't deny how emotionally draining their on and off relationship is. His announcement regarding their first short-term separation, not only completely shifted his perspective on his family, but still, till this day, lingers tauntingly in his mind. Whilst it was quite obvious his son was distraught over his first ever breakup, the father of two had never looked so dissatisfied in his son before. In fact, his main (and only) concern was how negative this situation would impact Ander's future career — seemingly treating his youngest son's love life as a business opportunity. 

It's then, Vincent had lost all respect for Antonio Muñoz. 

Vincent leans his back casually against the brick wall, as if his gym teacher hadn't already scolded him given his refusal to participate with his peers in their track activity. He secretly inhales the greyish, toxic fumes of his cigarette, shielded from his teacher's sharp eyes. In his other hand, he grips the old-fashioned, miniature art book consisting of abstract illustrations and pieces of literature. 

Occasionally, he'd let his brownish eyes flicker up to observe the students jogging past him — some valuing gym as a subject and others out of fear for being pulled out and humiliated by their cruel gym teacher for showing no effort. Vincent didn't care — he was on his third? warning, and yet the brunet boy would rather die than ditch his book and run several times around the track.