Chapter 2-5

You grunted as you hit the ground for what felt like the hundredth time that morning, every muscle in your body ached and you were beginning to regret agreeing to this.

"Get up, Y/N. You are not done yet." You looked up at Ayo who had her hand extended to you encouragingly. You grabbed ahold of her, steadying yourself as you rose. "Are you ready?" You nodded once before she lunged towards you with her spear, you closed your hands around it just below the blade and twisted it as hard as you could as your leg came up in front of you to kick Ayo away. She jumped before your foot made contact with her body, lifting the spear from your grasp as she flew through the air above you with ease. She landed behind you and before you could turn to face her, she swept your legs out from under you with the staff of her weapon, knocking you back to the ground.

"Oh, come on, Doll, you can do better than that!" You propped yourself up on your elbows as you glared up the small hill to see Bucky perched in the grass, trying to stifle a laugh. "A hundred year old man could do better!"

You made sure he could see you roll your eyes. "Is that hundred year old man also a super soldier who could use a haircut?" You groaned as you stood up, stumbling slightly as you planted your feet. He couldn't hold back after your reply, his head fell back and his eyes squeezed shut as his laughter echoed through you. His smugness sparked something in you that you immediately regretted. "You know, you might not be so tough with only one arm, Buck. Why don't you come down here."

His jaw dropped, pure amusement on his face. "I would, but someone very wise... not as wise as me, but wise nonetheless, reminded me that I'm here to rest." He smiled at you before he propped his arm behind his head and leaned back into the grass. "So that's exactly what I plan to do."