The Deal

Violet woke up in a dark room. The last thing she could remember was her party scattered on the ground. There was a fight. A fight she lost. Now, she was chained and wounded, kneeling in front of someone. She could not see his face, but she could feel his eyes glaring at her. A chill ran down her spine as she scanned the area with her blue eyes.

—Well, look at this. You guys really gave her a rough time, huh? —he questioned, as he leaned closer to Violet's face—. What's your name?

Under the faint light of the candles, his face was barely recognizable. However, Violet swore to remember every detail so she could have her revenge as soon as she could bust out of her bindings.

—What is the meaning of this?! Let me go! I will have all of your throats! —Violet tried to charge at him, but the chains seemed to pull on the opposite direction.

—Easy there, little one. You have quite the spirit. Those are the funniest ones to break. Now, your name.

—It's Violet, asshole. And you are not breaking shit.

The guards chuckled at her words.

—Now, don't get ahead of yourself. First —he continued—, let's get you in a better shape. Amanda, please.

As he called that name, the sound of chains could be heard, slowly approaching. A young woman, around the same age as Violet, came into the light. She was wearing what seemed like an expensive dress, made of red silk. As she leaned down, Violet could see Amanda's face with much more detail. She had brown eyes, brown hair, and brown skin.

Amanda smiled when she noticed Violet's glare, and Violet could feel a soft blush run through her cheeks. Then, Amanda cupped her face in her hands, and whispered a few words that Violet could not understand. Slowly, her body started to feel much warmer, and a sense of peace invaded her. Her skin went from bruised with blue and purple, to the usual white tone. Parts of her dark blonde hair that had been cut during the fight started to regrow as well.

—Good job, darling. Now, I think we owe you an explanation. First, you crossed into my territory. You killed some of my very hard-earned guard monsters, and some of my men as well. But in the end, of course, you and your group were overpowered. You should have died, Violet. But one of the guards took pity on you and decided to turn you in as a prize. Of course, he was rewarded properly. —He snapped his fingers, and another figure stepped into the light.

This time, it was a young man, completely naked and without any chains on himself. He slowly started to undress Amanda.

—W-what are you doing? Stop! Let her go! —Violet screamed, struggling against her chains.

—Oh, this? Don't worry, she is not fighting back. At least not this time. Some of them take extra time to break. That's why we have to keep sweet Amanda chained. But John here, he's quite a good boy —The man grabbed John's face as he finished undressing Amanda and kissed him softly. In the meantime, Amanda crawled on what seemed to be the man's lap—. I'm going to give you the same offer I gave to them. Surrender yourself to your new fate as my slave or take a chance and fight in the arena.

Violet was shaking, filled with both fear and hatred. But at the mention of a fight, her body straightened. The light seemed to intensify, letting Violet see his face more clearly. He had brown eyes and black hair, very short. His skin seemed to be tanned, with a faint tan mark visible on certain parts of his naked body. Then, the view was obstructed by Amanda, straddling on him, and slowly lowering herself down, letting out a soft whimper.

—Arena? Do you want me to slice your throat then? Fine! Let's do it! —Violet smiled widely. She was confident on her skills, and the man in front of her seemed like an easy opponent—. Now, what is your name, so I can spit on it once I have your head.

—It is James... Nice to meet you —James laughed, holding Amanda's hips as John sat behind him and massaged his shoulders—. And you are not fighting me. You are fighting my monsters. Five of them. Survive, and you are free. Surrender, or die, and well... Either way you are not getting out of here.

Violet felt her stomach sink. Five monsters? But she swallowed down her fears. There was a chance to get her freedom. And she would kill any obstacle in her way.

—Fine. Count me in.

—Excellent. Now, take her to the chambers. Let her rest and prepare. Tomorrow at sunrise you will fight.

After saying that, the guards grabbed Violet and dragged her out of the room. The sound of Amanda's moans could be heard on the distance, and apparently the cold and dark chamber she was thrown in wasn't that far away, because she could still hear them, though faintly, even in her new cell.

The moans continued, and Violet couldn't tell how much time it had been since they started. But eventually they stopped, and a few minutes later a tray was slid under her door. A plate of meat and a mug of water were in it, next to a small loaf of bread. The food smelled delicious, and against her own distrust, Violet ended up eating it. It was as good as it smelled. The water was fresh and clean.

With a full belly and many raging thoughts, she went to bed. She had quite a day waiting for her.