Aiden, on the other hand, could name countless things. He knew that she was made to rule a country. Sure he had said differently in the past, but he had a different opinion then. His life had changed significantly in the short time that Aru had been in the castle.

He stood there and watched Aru try to balance the heavy crown on her head. Her hair cascaded down her spine. She fixed her posture so she would look like Urvashi had at times.

"You still here?" Fischer asked, waving a hand in front of Aiden's face.

"Yeah, sorry. Lost in thought, I guess."

"Funny. So was Aru. You guys were looking into each other's eyes," Rudy laughed.

Aiden glared at Rudy until he cowered behind Fischer.

"I mean, it wasn't that funny," he corrected. "It was more romantic than anything."

"You really don't know how to read a room, do you?"

"I've been told that before," Rudy shrugged. "Mainly by you and my mother."

"You think he would try to learn," Mini slightly laughed.

"The only thing I learn is what appliances do."

"I-I could tutor you," Mini offered. "I mean, only if you want me to."

"That would be cool."

Mini rubbed her upper arm and hid her rosy cheeks by looking down at the floor.

"Anyway," Aru said, trying to advert Rudy's eyes from Mini. Then a lightbulb was set off in her mind.

"Everyone, meet me in the conference room in... Just get there right now."

Everyone followed Aru down the hall.

"Queen, have you chosen when the royal gardens will be open to the public?" a secretary asked.

"Uh, always?" Aru tried, continuing to walk.

"And what about the next meeting with the King of Destin? That will need to be soon."

"Try May twelfth."

"I will reach out to him and see if that works," the secretary said, going to walk away.

"Wait, ma'am," Aru said, reaching out an arm to stop the lady from leaving.

"Yes, Queen?"

"Can you please get me the number of Cata? My father to be more specific."

"I'll reach out to the treasurer. She keeps track of those things for me."

"Thank you. I'll need it soon as possible. Oh, and one last thing."

"Yes?"

"Can you get me an assistant?" Aru smiled. 

"You already have one," Maverick spoke up. "Hi. I'm Maverick. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Aru turned to the voice and walked backward. She was already getting good at the multitasking of being a queen. 

She looked at her assistant and noticed that he seemed to be about her age. "How old are you, Maverick?"

"I'm almost sixteen, ma'am."

"And you're working in the castle?"

"Yes, ma'am. I know I'm young, but I'm great at my job, ma'am."

"I don't doubt that you are."

"What did you need me for exactly?" Maverick asked, trying to change the subject.