I bit my lip. He hasn't said that to me in a long time. I feel like my ovaries are prepping for a third child.

"I'm gonna get another drink, do you want one?"

"Get me a bottle of water and one for yourself," he smiled.

I stuck my tongue out.

On the stairs, I met a voluptuous woman with torn denim short jeans, a dark blue bra covered with a transparent white shirt she tied around her flat belly, and her silky wavy hair tied in a ponytail. I shook my head in disbelief hoping my husband wouldn't be mesmerised by her.

After I relieved myself, I bought a chilled cider and a bottle of water. On the way up, I abruptly halted as my husband argued loudly with a woman.

 On the way up, I abruptly halted as my husband argued loudly with a woman

"That was a long time ago, I can't leave my wife for you," he said.

"Will this convince you?"

It was followed by kissing sounds. Rooted to the spot, my mind raced with thoughts of murder.

"What are you doing? You're not supposed to kiss me, Janet," he said.

"Janet..."

As in Janet Mwape Bwalya, my husband's ex-girlfriend and a menace. My anxiety was replaced with the anger I had to stop her from stealing my husband.

I dropped the drinks not minding the spillage then I removed my slipper and held it in my hand. I jogged up the stairs glared at him and Janet. I charged at Janet with the slipper in my hand to beat her. She sidestepped, and I went over the railing plunging into the water like a stone.

 She sidestepped, and I went over the railing plunging into the water like a stone

I swim to the top and they rescued me and provided me with a towel. On the way back to the hotel, my husband apologised, but I was extremely angry to respond.

At the Pink hotel, I locked myself in the bathroom to calm down dry myself and hide from Mark, my husband. He knocked softly on the door.

"Sara...honey, can I come in?"

Now, we are on a first-name basis. 

"come in."

I wrapped the towel around me and unlocked the door for him.