Fluffy Fluff

Damian's Pov:

The sunlight from the early morning sun blinds me as I blink open my eyes. I look down, my gaze falling on Cora Sanchez.

Her chestnut hair is still wavy from the curls she had in last night. Her eyes are closed, her eyelashes fanning her cheeks. Her lips are slightly parted, slightly pink from whatever she did to them. She looks stunning.

The best part by far is that with her arms are wrapped around my torso, she looks completely at ease. I gently lift one of my arms from her back to her hair. I'm trying my best not to wake her but I also want to play with her hair.

I know that when she runs her hands through my hair it feels good, but I'm not sure how she would feel if I did the same. Her hair is certainly longer, how much of it can she actually feel?

I settle for running my fingers through the ends, lightly carding them down her back as well. She mumbles something I can't understand but her grip on me tightens only slightly. I will take this as a good sign.

"Dami." She says softly. Her eyes are still closed and her voice is breathy. I almost chuckle at how adorable she is. Everything from her voice, to her face, to the way she says my nickname. Absolutely adorable.

I continue moving my hand gently through her hair and across her back. She takes a deep breath, her eyelids squeezing. Cora shifts her head so she's looking at me blearily.

Her eyes snap open and she sits up very quickly. Well, that's not how I thought she would wake up.

"Oh my gosh Dami I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." She says quickly, panic evident in her voice and features. I sit up so we're face to face.

"Beloved, calm down. Everything is okay." I say, placing my hands over her arms. Something seems to click in her mind as if she only just remembered something.

"Right. Yeah, I just forgot. It just, um, I thought I was dreaming." She says shyly. I bring my hand up to cup her cheek.

"Everything that happened was completely real. You're really mine." I say the last part more to myself than to her. I almost can't believe it either.

"I'm all yours. You're mine too then, right?" She asks, almost as if she's scared to hear the answer.

"Every single part of me is yours. For better or worse." I say, thinking of the differences between us. She's just so pure and good, and I'm a murderer with anger issues. She places her hand over mine.

"And I want all of it. All of the better and all of the worse." She says, staring directly into my eyes. I can feel my heart thudding in my chest.

"Then I guess I have no choice," I say. "I'm never letting you go." I pull her against me with an arm around her waist. I then flop myself backwards onto her bed. She lets out giggles and a small yelp.

I smile down at her on my chest. She grins back at me, wigging her way up so we're face to face. I roll my eyes sarcastically, the smile on my face betraying me. I watch her bite her cheek in thought.

"Can I kiss you?" She asks quietly. My heart pulls.

"Anytime you want for as long as you want," I say, unable to stop the giddy feeling in my chest.

She leans forward and gives me a quick kiss on my lips, warmth spreading through my face. Her face is dark pink, but not yet red. I grin up at her, my cheeks beginning to hurt. I'm unused to smiling this often.

I tuck some of her hair behind her ear. Just after I do she kisses me quickly again. Then again on my cheek, my jaw, my nose, my forehead, my other cheek, the once again on my lips. I can feel my face burning.

I pull her closer when I kiss her. I don't kiss her quickly. I kiss her slowly, and softly. My hand goes into her hair, she lets out a hum of satisfaction. Cora settles her hands on either side of my chest.

Not too long after, I pull away. Not because I want to stop, but because I forgot to breathe. Cora literally took my breath away. She grins down at me, I grin back up at her. Then I wrap my hands around her waist and spin her so she's now laying on her side, right next to me.

"I love you." She says, her wavy hair sprawled out around her head. She looks positively angelic, the morning light streaming onto her cheek and catching her dark honey-coloured eyes.

"I love you too, Cora," I say, holding her honey gaze with mine. She looks at me with adoration and kindness. It fills my heart so much I think it might burst.

We lay in comfortable, loving silence for a couple of minutes. I like just watching her. Her eyes when she blinks, her gentle smile, the steady rise and fall of her chest. All of it. She's actually here, laying in her bed with me, telling me she loves me. It doesn't seem real.

A gurgle breaks the silence. Cora looks down sheepishly with a small laugh.

"Would you like some breakfast, Beloved?" I ask. She nods with a giggle. We get off her bed slowly, not wanting to rush away. I hold her hand as we walk through the hallways. I can't help but squeeze it every so often, just to make sure she's still here.

When we enter the kitchen I see Grayson sitting on the counter with a bowl of cereal and Todd with an omelette. Their heads snap up to us and Cora moves closer to me nervously.

"Good morning, Lovebirds," Todd says. Grayson snickers lightly.

"Good morning Jasey," Cora says brightly, although softer than how she typically speaks. Both men soften their gazes.

"Did you sleep okay? I know last night was a little stressful." Grayson says gently. Cora relaxes at his tone.

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better too. I want to apologize for last night though." She says, gaining two confused looks. I glance at her.

"But you didn't do anything wrong? What is there to apologize for?" Todd asks.

"Still, you guys shouldn't have seen that. It was a small lapse of strength and it won't happen again." She says assuredly. We all look at each other and then at her.

"Cora, it's okay if it does happen again," Grayson speaks.

"Yeah, we all just want you to feel better kiddo." Todd agrees.

"And it's not like anything bad happened, if anything you got a boyfriend out of it." A voice says from behind us. Cora whips her head around and I just turn my head to see Drake.

"Well, I, but, I know, still, I just-" She gets cuts off by Grayson putting his hand on her shoulder. I didn't notice him getting down from the counter.

"Hey, it's fine. You're officially one of us now, ya know, with the trauma." Grayson says. He's joking but it's actually true.

"What?" She says.

"I died."

"I watched my parents die."

"Orphan."

"I was an assassin." I chime in.

"Oh. OH! OH MY GOSH, I DIDN'T REALIZE!" Cora exclaims. I thought her best friend rambles to her about us?

"Well, it's not a secret, but we don't just go yelling this stuff from the rooftops," Todd says, taking a bite from his omelette.

"Right. Um, sorry." Cora says. I give her hand a small squeeze, she looks up at me.

"It's fine, now what would you like for breakfast, Beloved?" I ask. She thinks for a second.

"Chocolate chip pancakes."