Goodbyes

Cora's pov:

I woke up to the sound of loud knocking. I know that knocking, and no one else really knocks in this house.

"Cora, get up for breakfast! Dad is making your favourite!" My mom's voice shouts through the thin wood. I never really notice it because of how used to it I am, but my mom's accent slips through when she says my name like that. Not always. I think she does it on purpose.

"Coming momma! Gimme a second!" I loudly grumble back. I'm not a morning person until I've fully woken up. I'm used to taking my time in the mornings.

I roll myself out of bed and tie back my hair, not ready to deal with it at the moment. I make sure I have enough clothes on as I make my way out of my doorway.

From how loud my mom was yelling I'm sure the boys are awake. I'll be sure to start cooking for them when my parents leave. Unless Jason gets there first. He's the only one who cooks besides me. Dick usually just take a bowl of cereal regardless. And Damian just eats whatever is made, Tim does the same if he eats.

I trod downstairs to see my mom and my dad dancing to quiet Spanish music. I've really missed them. They truly love each other, and it shows.

Not one comment or joke is ever made about 'the old ball and chain' or whatever it is. I don't think they could insult each other that casually. They always talk about whatever is bugging them, no matter what it is. So those jokes or whatever they are just don't make much sense.

I wish someone would love me like that one day. I never want to be a burden to the one I love. So for now I'll just watch my parents be happy. My dad expertly flips the pancake he has in the pan. I can see that it's chocolate chip, definitely my favorite.

I start setting the table for three. I almost grabbed 2 extra plates, when I remembered that I was setting up for my parents and I, not me and the boys. I make it seem like I was going for the glasses, hoping they didn't notice.

A few minutes later and we're sitting at the table, chatting to catch up. I tell them about going to see Betty Boop, and that my online school work has been going well.

We all decided that I should do online after I had my accident. I was bedridden anyways, and after that I found the platform and curriculum to be easier, even though it was the same as before, just online. It's the reason I don't need to leave the boys alone in my house to go to school.

As if my thoughts we're read my dad speaks up.

"So, honey, are you sure you're feeling up to having friends over? You can always say that we said no." He said cautiously. I swallow my food thickly.

"Yeah, like I said, I'm doing great. My leg has been pretty much back to normal. I don't think they'd judge me anyways." I say quickly, hoping to change the subject.

"Have you not told them darling? I thought you said you were friends." My mom says, most likely not meaning much by her comment. It still stung a bit.

I haven't told the boys about my injury. It's not a huge part of my life anymore but they may still think I'm weak if they knew.

After all, these guys are hero's, they are so much stronger than I'll ever be. Knowing I dislocated my knee might make them coddle me.

That's what my parents do. They actually stayed home for 3 whole weeks while I recovered. I wasn't aloud to walk on my own for just 1, after 2 I could manage just fine, but they stayed for 3.

"I just don't think they need to know right now. They're new friends, momma. I'll tell them eventually." I say, waving my hand slightly.

"If you say so dear. But don't keep it a secret. You know how those end up." My dad warned gently. Of if only he knew.