1: Worlds appart

With a proud smile on her face, Camila put the two plates on the table and admired her work. Perfectly baked pancakes, crowned by berries and bathing in syrup. It did take a bit of time to prepare but after those amazing grades, her little champ deserved something nice to start the well deserved summer. It's with that kind of parental pride that she called her daughter.

"Breakfast is ready carino!"

"Coming mama!"

And in just a matter of seconds, quick footsteps could be heard from the second floor until a young woman went down the stairs with a big smile on her face. Smile which grew even bigger on her face when she saw her surprise.

"Aww thanks. You know you didn't have to."

"Of course I did mija. You did very well all year so I wanted to congratulate it with a surprise before you go have fun. Now eat."

With a giggle, they both sat to the table and happily ate.

"So?" asked Camila. "You already know what your gonna do today?"

"Well the new volume of my serie is published today so I'm going to buy it and then I'll read it somewhere in the park."

"That's wonderful. I'll work late tonight so maybe you could spend the night with a friend? If they can't there's some leftovers."

"Thanks mom." smiled the girl before getting off her chair and heading to the door. She grabbed bag and shoes and waved to her mother. "I'll be going then. Bye mama! Have a great day!"

"You too Amity! Have fun!"

***

"GOOD MORDING LUZ! HOOT HOOT!"

That was all it took for Luz to fell of her bed with a cry of surprise. After hitting the floor, she briefly massed her back before glaring at that very loud living house's face.

"Hooty" groaned the girl as she got up. "What was that for?"

"You asked me, remember?" he answered while twisting his tube like a spring. "You said you wanted to be ready as soon as possible for your adventure."

"My what... OH MY GOD! You're right! Thanks Hooty!"

And at the speed of light, Luz was looking in her cloth chess for the suit she prepared. She had waited that day for so long and was gonna enjoy it to her heart content! So she put on her jeans and white and purple hoodie. Those human clothes were so cool! Nobody ever wears anything like that on the iles. But where she was going, she would blend in perfectly.

"Human realm, brace yourself cause Luz Clawthorne, second most powerful witch of the Boiling Iles, is coming your way!"

A high squeak echoed in the room as an answer to her tirade. The girl quickly turned to see the tiny otter standing on her bed. With a tender smile Luz walked to him and took the animal in her arms before gently putting him on her shoulder."

"Sorry pal. Cause Luz Clawthorne and Az, the best palisman ever made, are coming your way!"

Az gave another much more joyful squeal as Luz gently pet his head.

"Let's go then." she smiled before grabbing her staff near the chess and hurrying through the door of her room.

In a second she was downstairs opening the door and was much surprise to hear her mother's voice as she got outside.

"Where you do hope going without the portal, huh kid?"

The girl froze as she saw the actual most powerful of the iles leaning against the house with a case in her hand. Said case which was to their knowledge the only way to go to the human realm.

"Probably.... nowhere." joked Luz while scratching her head. "Also, good morning mom. Sorry..."

"No problem kid" answer Eda with her legendary smirk. "I knew you would be that excited to go. That's kinda why I got up so early. By the way, you owe me one for that."

"Sorry..."

"Anyway, I wanna make sure you remember the rules before you go okay?"

"There's no magic in the human realm so I must always stay with Az. Avoid humans and if I have to talk with them, I can't talk about magic or the iles."

"And the most important rule?"

"If they try to mess with me I beat them and empty their pockets!" exclaimed the Luz with an amused smile.

"That's my girl!" laughed Eda has she activated the portal, which morphed into a door shaped source of light. "I'll leave the portal open so don't worry about that. Just come back before nightfall okay?"

"Promised mom." agreed the girl as she walked into the portal. Later!"