Chapter 3: Spying

LOCATION: Academy of Espionage

Ben's Dorm Room

TIME: 10:24 PM

DATE: Thursday, July 1st

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
___________________________________

I tried to go to sleep, but, I couldn't. I kept thinking about the man and the agency, SOLDATS. I kept thinking about it. Were they friendly? They helped us escape from Joshua. Were they after me? I saw the same man yesterday, yet, he could've just been watching me just in case for anything.

Sleeping was impossible. I decided to text anyone if they were feeling the same. So, I grabbed my phone and went to our group chat.

Ben: Is anyone having difficultly sleeping?

There was no answer. I guess they are sleeping after all. Until...

Erica: Same here

Mike: Yeah I cant sleep too

Ben: I keep thinking bout SOLDATS

Erica: Grandpa said we're gonna spy on them

Zoe: WHAT

Mike: Look who woke up

Ben: When

Erica: Tomorrow at 1200 hours. That means we need to sleep

Mike: But we cant tho

Erica: Try your best. You fall asleep and end up in a cell don't blame it on me.

Mike: Fine...

I turned off my phone and put it on my desk. I need to get ready for tomorrow so I will try my best to go to sleep.

And after about thirty minutes, I dozed off.

________________________________________________________

LOCATION: Academy of Espionage

Mess Hall

TIME: 11:51 AM

DATE: Friday, June 2nd

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
___________________________________

I put on my spy suit and utility belt that Catherine gave to me. I walked out of my dorm room and waited for my friends in the mess hall. We were leaving at 1200 hours so right now we have about 9 minutes until deployment. Zoe and Mike up to me. 

"Hey, you ready?" Mike asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

Zoe looked around, "By the way, um, have you guys seen Erica?"

I tried searching for her, she was no where to be seen, "No, actually."

Then, I felt my phone buzz. I dug it out of my pocket and turned it on. There was a text notification. It was from Erica:

Looking for me? I'm outside with grandpa.

I looked at Mike and Zoe, who were blindlesly looking around for Erica. I got their attention, "Guys, Erica's outside."

They nodded and headed for the doors of the Academy. I followed behind them. 

They opened the doors and ran out. I noticed Erica waving with Alexander and Cyrus. They will next to a black SUV.

"Over here, guys!" I shouted to Mike and Zoe. I ran to Erica.

When I reached to the black, Cyrus muttered, "Took you long enough."