"It's fine." His voice strained a bit, earning a small glare from her. Jack grinned, his natural-self coming back. "Couldn't stand to be a part from me, love? Not even for a moment?" The grin was bright and playful, easing her heart, making it almost giddy.

Still, despite the true feelings she felt right there, she kept her glare, pointing for him to walk back to where Elizabeth stood.

Jack looked, his face falling into a pout. "Fine, fine." He huffed walking past Catherine, just missing the small smile she gave when he past her.

~

Another ship to board.

Another crew to endure.

Catherine wasn't sure if she was relieved or disappointed it wasn't pirates. The British Navy swarmed the deck as they did they dingy they sat in. Everyone was silent but kept their eyes around their surrounding as they drew further from the island.

Jack was separated from Catherine and Elizabeth, squeezed in between two soldiers who held their gun in their hands.

Catherine turned her head over her shoulder to look at him, meeting his stare. He had been staring at her but she wasn't sure for how long.

Those damn eyes.

Dark brown eyes that made her blush the deeper she gazed into them. Jack's eyes were dangerous to her, for if she kept looking into them, she may just lose herself in them.

Snapping forward, she looked away, squeezing her knees, wiping her sweaty palms.

Voices echoed, making known of their arrival.

Before they even noticed, the sun disappeared as they approached the belly of the ship. The soldiers stood, helping Catherine and Elizabeth up to climb.

At the top waited Governor Swann and Commodore Norrington. Catherine quietly groaned, rolling her eyes at the sight of Norrington. She should have expected to see him, part of her hoped he had taken other ship.

When they reached the top, Governor Swann embraced Elizabeth into his arms, relieved for his daughter's safety.

The Commodore helped Catherine step down on to the dock, offering a hand but she ignored it, hoping down.

"Miss Bailey, how fortunate we are that you are alive and well." The Commodore commented, no sound of sincerity in his words.

Catherine rolled her eyes, "Commodore Norrington, how unfortunate we are that you are here," She mocked back sarcastically, voice sounding tired.

"Catherine, my niece, thank goodness you are alright as well." The Governor embraced Catherine, holding her tightly. "Your parents will be thrilled to know of your safety."

A faint smile graced her lips, "Thank you uncle."

"Father, we must not go back to Port Royal yet." Elizabeth instantly burst out, capturing Catherine's attention. Her cousin was right, they needed to help Will, help the crew too.

"We've got to save Will!" Elizabeth argued to her father.

"Please, uncle!" Catherine tried.

Governor Swann held out his hands before him, "No. You both are safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not go gallivanting after pirates." He walked past his daughter and niece, only causing them to go after him.

"Then we condemn him to death." Elizabeth shouted.

Catherine blinked at her cousin, very rarely has Elizabeth ever raised her voice, especially at her father.

Governor Swann stopped beside the Commodore, turning back, "The boy's fate is regrettable, but so is his decision to engage in piracy."

"We did did to rescue Elizabeth. To prevent anything from happening to her." Catherine took a step forward. "I have engage in piracy as much as him. This is not fair for Will."

"If I may be so bold as to interject my professional opinion." Jack lifted a finger.

Catherine scoff, rolling her eyes.

He ran up beside Catherine, looking to the Governor and Commodore. "The Pearl was listing after the battle. It's unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black Pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean, mate." Jack now stood face-to-face with The Commodore. "How can you pass that up, eh?"

Both women shared at look.

"By remembering that I serve others, not only myself." Norrington turned on his heels from the pirate towards the steps that led to the helm.

Elizabeth looked at Catherine for a moment before bolting after him. "Commodore, I beg you, please do this. For me. As a wedding gift."

Catherine spat out in disbelief, earning a few judgmental looks from the men about her unladylike behavior. She gave them mocking glares before looking up at her cousin in shock. Elizabeth could not be serious.

"Elizabeth," her father stepped to his daughter's side, "are you accepting the Commodore's proposal?" He sounded hopeful.

Catherine shook her head, looking at the man she despised staring at Elizabeth with such hope, she could feel it.

"I am." Elizabeth held eye contact.

The things we do for love.

Catherine let out a breath, feeling her heart fall for Will.

"A wedding. I love weddings. Drinks all around!" Jack exclaimed earning a sharp glare from Catherine, making him flinch.

Jack looked back at the Commodore now staring at him. "I know. 'Clap him in irons,' right?" He held his wrists together, pushing them forward.

Norrington straightened his shoulders, walking down the steps, "Mr. Sparrow, you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all meanings of the phrase 'silent as the grave.' Do I make myself clear?"

"Inescapably clear." Jack nodded. Before he could even close his lips, two soldiers grasped his arms, pushing him forward.

Catherine took a step forward, holding a hand just barely out to stop him. She hadn't spoken to him since they escaped the island.

Jack glanced back at her, holding her gaze until he had to watch the steps he climbed up.

She huffed out a sigh, closing her eyes for a moment then looking to the heavens.

Hi everyone! I am so sorry about the two weeks without updating. I had a bit of a vacation trouble with my family and was not able to write at all. But I'm back and have an update FINALLY ready for you all!

I am very excited for the next chapter, something good is coming...

That's the little hint I'm giving to get you all excited for it!

I hope you all are doing well and hope you all have a great week!