Chapter 2: Blending In (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

"Oh...we were in the restroom but we're present."

"Okay. Next."

"Ishikura Kayoko"

"Present"

"Ishizaki"

"Present, Hirata-kun"

"Ichihashi Ruri"

"Ichihashi, here"

"Inogashira Kokoro"

"Inogashira-san?"

"She's over there. They must be talking about something serious to not hear you."

"Okay. I'll mark her as present."

Rino

Present

Onodera Kayano

Present

Karuizawa Kei

"She's also in that group..."

"Alright then, present"

'Karuizawa-san too?' After seeing Karuizawa-san in that group that seems too busy to answer the roll call. It peaked my interest on what they're talking so I decided to listen in on their conversation and it seems they were talking about something kind of important base on the look on their faces.

"Koenji-kun isn't here again."

"Nah, that's usual. He doesn't care about other people after all."

"Right... He's probably on a date with some older girls again."

'Huh but there's a total of 37 students that came in earlier. Does that mean if that Koenji-kun person isn't here, then one of the people in here is not from Class D? 

"Yeah yeah.... by the way, did you notice Shiina-san at the corner?"

"Ohh yeah. I noticed her earlier."

"Yeah. But why is she here?"

"I dunno. Probably to visit Ayanokouji-kun? I mean that's what we're all here for and I think I saw them together a few times in the library together."

After one of the girls say that, Karuizawa dropped her phone and looked a little lost or blank at first but immediately regained her composure and picked up her phone

"Woah, Karuizawa-san. What happened?"

"Oh nothing nothing. It just slipped off my hand."

"Are you sure? You look......- nah nevermind. Is your phone broken?"

"Yeah I think the screen is broken...I'll try asking for a replacement from the school tomorrow."

"Okay sure. Want me to join you in going to the school?"

"Oh, no, no, no, it's fine. I can manage or maybe I'll just ask you or someone else incase something comes up. Thanks for the offer, Satou-san."

"Yeah sure, that's perfectly fine for me. Just find me in my dorm room when you need me since you can't contact me."

"Of course. Thanks a lot."

I stopped listening on in their conversation and started listening to the roll call for now. It would be great to know all my classmates names although I think I already missed a few names. I heard something interesting earlier that I can't get out of my head though, the part where they said they saw me together with Shiina-san before in the library. That must mean we're friends or at least acquaintances. 

After a long roll call we reached the last set of girls to be called. A lot of the girls called didn't answer present because they were doing something else. And most of them are in Karuizawa-san's group so I guess they're really having fun with whatever they're talking about.