♡ bokuaka - bus stop ♡

Bắt đầu từ đầu

[ THE BOSS! ] | ITTETSU TAKEDA: wonderful! And

itll be from 8 to however long games normally last + its pretty far out from here. bokuto has most the info about stuff like that if you want to ask him

[ route 5 ] | Akaashi Keiji: okay, i don't have Bokuto-san's number but I'll ask him tomorrow.

[ THE BOSS! ] | ITTETSU TAKEDA: cool! thanks so much akaashi !!

Akaashi sighed and let his head fall against the seat behind him. He didn't even know how far out the trip would be and he most likely wouldn't until tomorrow, so it was best he get his rest in now while he could.

8 am came much faster than Akaashi wished, but at the least this was a trip with Bokuto and not another long 5 hour drive just to hear Kuroo's screeches over the speaker. And if it was with Bokuto, maybe, maybe he'd make sure his hair was very well combed and keep his posture well in check.

Bokuto was far too energetic for 8 in the morning. He was practically bouncing in his spot as he greeted all the middle school girls, and gave an excited hug to Natsu. Akaashi only hoped Natsu would end up on Bokuto's bus today, so he'd get a little quiet for once. Although, it wasn't that he hated Natsu's company so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

The ride was quiet for Akaashi, having most of the kids in the bus just wanting to sit at the back and talk, the only noise outside of voices was the occasional music or ping of a phone. Bokuto's bus was much more, the girls all sitting farther up and singing along to whatever radio station Bokuto let them choose.

The drive wasn't too long, only 2 hours there. The longest part, however, would certainly be the games seeing as there were 2 teams playing and the school was providing student lunches in between games.

But that left Akaashi and Bokuto to do their own things for the meanwhile, and Akaashi would be lying if he said he hated the extra hours with Bokuto. He'd also be lying, however, if he said he wasn't at all nervous about the time alone with the cute bus driver of route 5.

"Akaashi, right?" He heard behind him, nearly jumping from his skin at the sudden shock of it. As soon as he could collect himself, he settled back into a relaxed sitting position in his driver's chair. He nodded simply but politely, turning his body towards his coworker to invite conversation.

"Okay, this might sound weird-"

That always caught Akaashi. 'This might sound weird' almost always meant it was going to be weird or make things really awkward.

"But I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me while we wait for the kiddos?"

It took Akaashi a moment to process that one - no, that wasn't actually a weird question and two - that's a pretty evident way of asking someone out, but Akaashi didn't want to assume anything, so he just went with, "Sure."

Bokuto's grin at the answer nearly blinded Akaashi as he fully parked the bus and slipped out the bus to meet him where he'd been standing outside Akaashi's window. Normally in these situations, Akaashi would have packed lunch but it was by his luck he'd forgotten to pack anything and unfortunately Bokuto had invited him out so he wouldn't have to order cheap fast food to the school.

A kid on Bokuto's bus had mentioned a Subway nearby when Bokuto had been chatting loosely with the athletes about his plans while they were in their game. Not that Akaashi was ever one to really pick favorites, Subway was definitely up there and Bokuto seemed extra enthusiastic about cheap subs so it wasn't like Akaashi hated the idea.

The only thing that bothered Akaashi was that it wasn't quite a date. Bokuto was all but less than what he'd expected him to be, and it only made Akaashi's chest flutter more. He sighed as he stared down his half-eaten meatball sub, trying his best to catch as much of Bokuto's consistent rambling as he could.

"And then Shoyo was like, 'Aren't dogs technically a type of fish?' and we were all like 'No!' and apparently it was Kageyama who told him that? And then we were out in the field and he-"

Without much thought to it, Akaashi rested his palm against his cheek. Bokuto, who'd been busy looking all over as he told his many stories, had finally turned to just look at Akaashi for a moment and could've sworn his world melted right there.

From Bokuto's perspective, all he knew about Akaashi was that he was pretty and that he was nice. Now, he felt like pretty was an understatement because pretty wasn't even enough when the light sat on his eyelashes and sure smooth skin, head tilted into his palm as he stared at Bokuto.

Nobody moved for a good while - Neither blinked, no sound came from either of their parted lips, and not a moment was spent out of eye-contact. It was nice, almost too nice for what was supposed to just be a trip out-of-town to a girl's volleyball game, but they didn't seem to mind, even if they were stuck in a busy Subway.

As all good things come to an end, Akaashi finally finds it in him to tear his eyes away for enough of a moment to remember that oh yeah, they're at a subway.

"Sorry." He mumbled quietly, pushing his heels against the booth as he nervously fiddled with the paper packaging on his sandwich. Bokuto blinked a bit, resting his own head against the back of the booth to sort through his feelings.

"Hey Akaashi?" He whispered after a moment, voice far too tender for a Subway around rush hour, "Shoyo talks about you alot, you know."

"I didn't know."

"Yeah," Bokuto grinned, energy slowly returning to him, "he does. A lot. He says you're great, Akaashi, by the way. It's nothing bad about you, I promise."

"Do you think so?" Akaashi asked carefully, not wanting to ask something too bold.

"Do I think what?"

Akaashi quietly huffed. "Do you think I'm great, too?"

Bokuto gave a brief confused glance before he let his smile fall to a smaller, softer one. "Of course, 'Kaashi. You're more than pretty great."
Akaashi smiled, too, feeling a small tug in his heart at the genuine look on Bokuto's face. "You're all the same."

As much as Akaashi wanted to stay in that moment forever, he knew it'd have to end eventually. With a tired sigh, he pulled himself from his seat and tossed his garbage in a near-by trash can. Bokuto followed suit soon after, nonchalantly following close behind Akaashi towards their busses.

"'Kaashi," Bokuto tilted his head with his question, "just asking but - what's it like on your bus?"

Akaashi blinked at him for a moment before letting his eyebrows bend inwards. "What do you mean? I think the school district lends out the same busses for everyone."

"No, no!" Bokuto corrected, "I meant like.. What are the kids like? How long is your route?"

"Hmmm," Akaasahi hummed as he sorted through his experiences, "not that weird. It's generally pretty calm and my route's only like 40 minutes most days. It's not really all that relevant, but I used to bus the life skills kids, too."

Bokuto's eyes sparkled with admiration. "That's so cool! Akaashi, you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so-"

Akaashi tried his best to stifle a laugh but nonetheless failed - something about the way Bokuto was excited by every little thing made his heart warm, of course, but the way he'd been so certainly set on letting Akaashi know how great he was at every second was rather funny to Akaashi.

Laughter being contagious as it is, it was only mere moments before Bokuto had joined in a laughing fit of giggles and exaggerated wheezing alongside Akaashi. "Akaashi! Wait - hahahaha! - I have a serious - pffft! - serious question! Haha!"

Although it took several moments, Akaashi managed to calm himself, taking deep breaths and little giggles escaping every now and then. "Yeah - Yeah?"

"Can we," Bokuto paused, trying his best not to break into another fit of giggles, "can we do this again?"

"I'd love to! And," before Akaashi could finish his sentence, a butterfly landed on Bokuto's nose, and before Bokuto could react, Akaashi was already dying laughing and Bokuto was soon to follow. 

/ completed :) 

hiii sorry it's been so long ;-; 

what are some ideas you'd want to see soon so i can get myself back into writing ?? most things are fine just not 18+ things haha :D