38. 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

Start from the beginning

     To Eszter's surprise, Pietro lurched forward and clutched her wrist in a death grip. The enhanced cried out in terror, trying to pull away, but as soon as Eszter met Pietro's gaze, she stared into his soulless eyes.

     "Why didn't you save me?"

     Tearing herself away from Pietro's body, the enhanced was about to run away when she was suddenly on Titan. Eszter froze as she looked around, but it was deserted; no one was here but her. Her green eyes began flooding in tears as she recalled the memories of this moment, and Eszter's breathing started to pick up as she stumbled back. The nightmares were becoming too much and were turning dark, scaring Eszter as she was trapped in her own mind. But when Eszter took another step back, the enhanced yelps when something tripped her, causing her to fall on her back.

     Eszter whips her hair out of her face to inspect what she had tripped over, but once her eyes laid on the figure, the enhanced gasped as she kicked her feet and crawled back. She couldn't tear her gaze away from the body that was practically torn to shreds. Eszter's chest heaves up and down, unable to control her breathing.

     Laying lifeless in front of her, Eszter stared at a bloody Peter; three large gashes were sliced across his chest with blood still pouring out, some of it splattered across his face as his lifeless eyes stared back at Eszter. Then, her eyes trail away from Peter and toward the field, staring in horror as she realized there are more bodies than she had anticipated.

     This isn't Eszter's memories.

     A hand touched Eszter's shoulder. "Well done, little one," Eszter's eyes widen at the familiar voice. "You've proven yourself worthy of your title. Soon, you'll rule the galaxy."

     Pushing his hand off, Eszter turned around and expected to see Thanos, but the enhanced froze at the sight of Tony Stark standing behind her; his face was still charred, and the life in his eyes had been long gone, but his emotionless eyes stared blankly into Eszter's terrified ones. Tony stood in silence as he continued to stare at the enhanced, who was too in shock to say anything, but Eszter gawked at Tony as she soaked in his features.

     "It should've been you."

     Eszter was broken into tears as she forced herself to look away from Tony, stepping away as she broke down into tears; the enhanced weeps to herself as she lowers herself to the ground, sitting on her legs as she cries into her hands.

     "Eszter, why the long face?" A voice chirps in the distance, yet they were close by.

     Her cries halt at the familiar voice--and an American one at that--but Eszter kept her gaze transfixed on the carpet beneath her. It was weird hearing her in a different voice, but it would always remain the same for Eszter. But then something caught Eszter's eye, and she furrowed her brows in puzzlement. Eszter picks at her dress as she doesn't remember wearing the dress. Lifting her head, the enhanced glanced at the woman across the room, watching her with a sad glint in her eyes.

     Continuing to watch the woman as she paces the room, Eszter took this time to examine the room she was suddenly in; it was strange, to say the least. She doesn't recognize it. It was an average home that any ordinary person could live in, but the weirdest part was that it wasn't in color. Eszter frowns at the sight, wondering what she was doing in a place like this. Picking at her skirt, Eszter was lost.

     "How about I bake us a pie," the woman hums. "How does that sound?"

     Eszter stared back at the woman, still frowning. "Wanda?" Her sister beams down at her with a fake smile, dressed in a similar outfit to Eszter's. Her red hair was curled tightly to her head, sitting above her shoulders as she resembled something from an old TV show. Eszter had recognized it before. "How am I . . . ?"