Ch.40 Promises of Forever

Start from the beginning

"No."

"Why are you so god damn stubborn?"

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?"

"Nora," Hayden's jaw flexed. "Enough. Open the door or I'm coming in."

Silence.

"I'm going to count to three," Hayden reached for the door knob. "1....2....."

Suddenly, the door swung open and Nora stepped out with a deep scowl on her face.

"Finally," Hayden snapped.

"Happy?" Nora asked. "You saw me? I'm in one piece? Now, please show yourself out."

"What's wrong?" Hayden reached for her hair that was escaping from her ponytail.

"Nothing," Nora flicked his hand away.

"Liar," the corner of Hayden's mouth curved up. Nora tried not to notice as her heartbeat picked up.

"Your pulse is rising," Hayden observed.

"This shit is getting real old real fast," Nora glared. "The autura needs to fade. Now."

"And until it does, you are not allowed out of my sight."

"Fuck off."

"No can't do," Hayden shrugged. "I have to ensure you are safe."

"I'm going to kill myself."

"Have fun with that," Hayden leaned against the door. "What method will you be choosing?"

"Hayden!" Nora shut her eyes and took in a heated breath. "Please....I'm begging you. Leave me alone."

"That's not begging," Hayden teased.

"What do you want then?" Nora threw her hands up in the air. "You want me to get down on my knees and beg you to leave me alone?"

The idea of Nora getting down on her knees in front of him suddenly pleased Hayden very much. His body reacted instantly as his throat dried and his skin began to crawl with energy.

Shaking his head, Hayden pushed off the wall he had been leaning against and cleared his throat.

"Why were you crying?" He asked. "Be honest."

"Why am I crying?" Nora arched her brow. "Gee, I don't know, Hayden. Maybe because my aunt just died!"

"You're lying again," Hayden frowned.

"Why do you care?" Nora sighed and shook her head.

"Why wouldn't I care?"

"Because you're nobody to me!" Nora snapped. "You don't know me. I don't know you. Why are you in my apartment?"

"Ouch," Hayden rubbed his chest. "I thought we were friends."

"You said you didn't want to be my friend," Nora reminded him.

"I didn't mean it," Hayden rolled his eyes.

"I don't need friends right now, Hayden," Nora tried to step back into her room and close her door.

"Wait, wait," Hayden stopped her. He placed his hand on the door and held it open. "You shouldn't be alone right now. Not just because of the autura. I would feel much better if you stayed at my parents' place for a few days."

"No."

"Hear me out," Hayden clicked his tongue. "We need to do research anyway on what's happening between us. If you're there, you can help too."