Sidharth: Look Shehnaaz, this site gives you the details for enrolling for open school and the tips to prepare for exams. I'll bookmark it.

Shehnaaz: (Still frowning) Hmmm.. I am going to sleep. From tomorrow you have to go to office, so you should also sleep.

She turns her back to him.

Sidharth: Hmmm.. you are right. Good night.

He turns his back to her and sleeps. Shehnaaz turns her head to look at him and scowls when she finds his back. She thought that he would hug her and that they could share some intimate moment but he was already snoring. With great difficulty, she sleeps.
.
.
.
Sidharth was all ready to go to his office. Shehnaaz had forgotten the last night's incident as she was excited for him and wanted him to have a good day at office. She packed him a lunch box and gave it to him with a big smile. He gave both, Aadya and Shehnaaz, a hug and a kiss on the forehead before he said bye to them.

Sidharth was introduced to his team and was asked to shadow the exiting manager, Hema Aggarwal, to take over all the necessary training and knowledge before she left the organisation. He was to share the same cabin until she left.

Hema: Hi Sidharth, care for a coffee?

Sidharth: Sure, why not?

They go to a coffee lounge and she makes coffee for both of them from the vending machine. They sit on the table, sipping coffee.

Sidharth: So Hema, where are you joining next?

Hema: Nowhere! I am taking a break. I just had a divorce and ended a toxic relationship of 7 years. I am fighting for a custody of my child with my ex husband.

Sidharth: I am sorry. I didn't knew this.

Hema: Hey, that's fine. Not many know the reason here. It's just my boss who I submitted my resignation knows about this.

Sidharth: Oh! But you shared it with me!

Hema: Yeah, I didn't feel like hiding it from you besides, we would be working only for 15 days together.

Sidharth: Hmm.. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Hema: Thanks. Who is there in your family?

Sidharth: My wife, Shehnaaz; my daughter and my mother.

Hema: Oh!! All ladies gang and you are the only one man army. (Laughs) How old is your daughter?

Sidharth: Aadya is 3 year old.

Hema: Aadya, nice name. Sweet? Naughty?

Sidharth: Sweet and Brave like her mother, Shehnaaz! (He smiles remembering Shehnaaz) Wait, 1 second..

He pulls out his wallet and removes the family picture to show her.

Hema: Aww.. thats a lovely little child and that's..

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, my wife.. (gazes at the picture and smiles)

Hema: Lovely family. She looks very young though.

Sidharth: Hmmm..

He goes to keep the picture back.

Hema: Gunjan?

Sidharth gets shocked listening to the name. The photo under his family picture was of Gunjan's.

Hema: Isn't that Gunjan in that picture?

Sidharth nods yes in surprise.

Sidharth & Hema together: How do you know her?

Hema: Sorry! We were in the same college. How do you know her?

Sidharth: She was my first wife.

Hema: What? Did you divorce? And you still have her picture in your wallet?

Sidharth: No, She passed away in a road accident, 3 years back.

Hema: What? Oh God! I am sorry. We weren't best friends but we were cordial and shared a mutual friend.

Sidharth: Hmmm.. Whatever happened is inevitable.

Hema: So, Aadya is Gunjan and your daughter?

Sidharth: Gunjan is her birth mother but she is more of Shehnaaz's daughter than mine as well.

Hema: Good to see you've moved on in your life. I hope, I too get to move on quickly. Mine was a love marriage turned into disaster.

Sidharth: 7 year long relationship, will take some time but you will overcome. You just need to find your Solace to overcome the pain. I found mine in Shehnaaz.

Hema: You seem to be hopelessly in love with her. I have been observing that you took her name so many times by now. You like to take her name and the smile everytime you take her name says it all..

Sidharth blushes like a college boy who gets caught and teased by his friends about his crush.

_______________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️