#2

In an instant, Andrew was thrown back 70 years, back to Northern California and his 17-year-old self.

Two boys sat at a cafe table, holding hands and laughing. The one with the dark eyes threw his head back. "I'm telling you, Andy, you gotta practice that magic, maybe make a buck or two on the streets. Ya know, make your parents proud." Young Andrew chuckled, green eyes flashing. "Yeah, I'm sure that'll go over well. Hello mom and dad, I know you shunned me when I came out, but guess what? I got a job as a street magician, the kind you always hated!" Andrew mimicked, "Yeah that'll go over well"

Mathew chuckled, tossing his curly bangs out of his eyes. Andrew loved those eyes. They were dark as night and seemed to sparkle in the soft golden summer afternoon sunlight. Come to think about it, he loved everything about Mathew. From his loving smile to his messy curls to his coca bean skin that always seemed to glow. 

"I love you, Andrew Cadel," Mathew said suddenly. Andrew narrowed his eyes. "What do you want?" Mathew looked shocked. "Just to profess my love to my amazing boyfriend of course. Why?" Andrew shook his head, smiling softly. "You're only this affectionate when you want to do something. What is it?"

"C'mon Andy," Mathew whined, "You're not gonna say it back?" Mathew pretended to be hurt, but Andrew knew him too well. "Fine. I love you, Mathew Ronaldo. Now, what do you want?" Mathew smirked and pulled Andrew to his feet. "Follow me!" Mathew pulled Andrew behind him, running across the busy street. A car swerved and honked at them. "Sorry!" Andrew screamed behind them. Mathew just flipped the driver off with his free hand. Both boys laughed, running across the street. The car honked again, but the boys were gone.

Mathew jumped the low fence that lined the park, still pulling Andrew behind him. "MATHEW, where on earth are we going?" Andrew screamed, keeping pace with his boyfriend. "Just follow me, Andy, we're almost there," Mathew replied evenly.

At that moment, they pushed through a thicket of bushes and into a small clearing. Andrew gasped softly. "Mathew, how did you find this?" he said in amazement, spinning around slowly. The clearing was small and completely hidden from the rest of the park. It was lit softly by warm light and covered in small flowers. The air smelled soft and sweet. It was beautiful. Mathew laid down in the middle and looked up at the sky. "It's funny to think about how we're spinning right now, always spinning around the sun," he said softly. Andrew laid down next to him, intertwining their fingers. "We're spinning, and I'm spinning with you," Andrew replied.

Mathew rolled over so their faces were inches apart. He stretched forward and pressed his lips to Andrews. The kiss was soft and sweet. When they pulled apart, Mathew whispered, almost too soft to hear, "I'll always spin with you, Andrew." They nestled into each other, staying and snuggling for the rest of the afternoon, not talking. Sometimes you didn't need words with the people you loved the most.