The Book Of Dragons (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Fishlegs: Whoa! A new Dragon Trainer!

Schmidt: Ah, a new recruit! Want to train dragons, do ye?

Noell: Looks eager enough.

Hiccup: This one's got potential.

Schmidt: Aye, we'll see about that. Here it is: The Book of Dragons. Between these two covers are the most incredible creatures you'd ever hoped to see. Some you know, but there are some you've never seen before. And you won't last a day out there if you don't learn the facts in here.

All the Vikings nodded including Berk. Little did they know it wasn't the facts they were thinking of.

Hiccup: Schmidt, you can't scare us. We've already trained dragons.

Schmidt: Ach... This book contains more than just training. It's the key to unlocking a new world of dragons. And I don't suppose you know who started it all, do you?

Noell: I thought it has something to do with Bork the Bold.

Who was Bork the Bold?  Was the question that went through everyone on Berks minds. 

Schmidt: Well-spotted, lass. But before he was bold, he was known as Bork the Very, Very Unfortunate.

Hiccup: That's an... odd nickname.

"Not as odd as Hiccup the Useless" Ruffnut pointed out making Hiccup blush at his old nickname.

"Boy, we were way off" Tuffnut added on. "I mean, we couldn't have chosen a more opposite nickname from the truth" 

Schmidt: Aye, but apt. It seemed that everything Bork touched went wrong. Bork was my great-great-great-grandfather. And he started out as a shepherd. But his flock got very small. The fact is, Bork and dragons didn't seem to mix. So he gave blacksmithing a try... and he had a go at farming. But he settled for the life of a fisherman. And he used to say, "If you see a dragon: Kill on sight." You kids taught us that we could train a dragon, but it was Bork who had the idea to classify them. And what does Bork say is the first class of dragons?

Hiccup: Oh, that's easy. Stoker Class. Now according to the book, these hot-headed dragons are furious fire-breathers. And when training a Terror, start with a very shiny object.

Noell: Oh, he's cute!

Berk looked at Noell like she lost her mind.  Which she probably had in their opinion the moment they found out she had sided with dragons. 

Schmidt: Cute?! Maybe on his own. But Bork says if you get these little Terrors in a group, it's no picnic. You see, Terrors are social creatures. They love to hunt in packs. Now, what about this brute? The Monstrous Nightmare. You can see how this foul beast got his name. Nary a Viking has tamed this fierce creature. But you know what Bork used to say? "You fall down, you get right back on the dragon.

Noell: I bet he didn't know that the Nightmare can set itself on fire. And if there's one thing you don't want, it's an angry Nightmare. That's why we tried a more gentle approach.

Hiccup: Instead of wrestling a Monstrous Nightmare, just give them a little respect. A gentle hand on his snout.

Berk looked at the screen in disbelief. The screen was playing tricks on them.

"Ha! You can give them all the respect you can but they still don't respect you" Snotlout commented. 

HookFang huffed causing smoke to come out of his nose. He respected his rider even though he could get a little stupid and stuck up.