Leaving Ogygia

Calypso.

As Calypso looked back she could not believe that she was sad to be leaving the island that had been her prison for thousands of years. She was riding on the high warm winds gazing down at the semi tropical island she had called home until just a few moments ago, when Leo had crash landed into the beach and offered a way out.

Festus was glowing warmly beneath her. As if he could sense the warm feelings of his passengers above him. Calypso loved Leo, but she would never admit this to Leo himself or she would never hear the end of it. She held onto his waist, tight. She had never flown before, and riding a metal dragon didn't exactly feel like the safest way to fly. Nevertheless she was enjoying every moment of being up here alone and free with Leo. Tap.Tap.Tap. She heard a noise that sounded like a bee rattling in an empty can. Tap.Tap.Tap. There it was again except this time it was Leo who was making the noise. "Morse code" he explained when he saw her puzzled face, "its how I talk to Festus, and how he talks to me. That way we understand each other, and I can tell him not to fly into any mountains". He grinned like the way he had straight after Calypso had kissed him the first time. "Where did you learn it?" Calypso asked, ignoring the bad comment he had just made." My mother taught me" he replied his smile fading as he remembered that night in the garage when his mother had died. "Can you teach me?" she enquired wondering whether or not he would let her learn his precious code. "Of course. After all it's going to be a long journey home." "And where exactly is home to you? Leo Valdez" Calypso added with a smile.

Leo.

Home as it turned out home was Camp Half-Blood. By the time they reached camp Leo was impressed that Calypso was nearly fluent in Morse code. It had been a very long way home just as he had suggested. They were greeted by a cheer as they landed in the chariot racing arena. Scouts had seen the pair of them long before they had seen them, so the whole camp and many more where gathered at the sides of the arena waiting for them. Almost instantly Leo recognised the many faces of his friends. Jason was grinning like a Cheshire cat as he held Piper around the waist. As he was now a pontifex, Leo assumed that he was here setting up a shrine for some minor god or goddess of some sort. He hoped it wasn't Khione, because just a few months ago she had tried to turn Leo into a Leosicle. Although he had to show some gratitude to Khione for blasting him into Ogygia, because now he had Calypso as a girlfriend. How awesome was that. Calypso was stylish and yet she didn't mind getting her hands dirty.

Over to the other side of Jason and Piper, he could see Frank and Hazel. Frank looked like he was on the verge of turning into a bulldog, which Leo found hilarious. Hazel looked calm and beautiful, as always. Although now that Leo had kissed Calypso he felt none of the old tug he had felt before. Leo was smitten with Calypso, every other girl he now looked at could not compare to how he saw her.... "Hey Cupid stop dreaming" came a familiar voice. "Percy! How are you fish boy?" he teased. "Fine. Don't call me fish boy or...." "He's angry because I call him seaweed brain, and he is still touchy about that" came the steely comment from Annabeth. "No I don't" protested Percy. "Yes you do seaweed brain" .At this comment from Annabeth, Percy turned as red as a tomato. This Leo found hilarious, he couldn't help sniggering. Until a sharp, well aimed elbow from Calypso stopped him. Out of breath he turned to look at Calypso, "What was that for?" he asked looking at her with a look of pain on his face. "Don't try and use that face again Leo. It just makes you look like a constipated hamster. You got that for laughing at your friends." came the quip reply from Calypso. Now it was his time to turn scarlet red and listen to his friends laughing at him, and they didn't seem to be holding back.

"Leo Valdez, what are you doing here?" someone was standing right behind him. The laughter died down as the person spoke to him. He gulped and turned around. Standing behind him was the beaming figure of Chiron. "It's good to have you back Leo. Do I get the feeling that you were terrified?!" Chiron added with a laugh. "N..n...no" stuttered Leo. Everyone burst out into laughter once again, why did Leo always get the impression that the joke was on him. "Who is that lovely lady behind you?" asked Chiron quizzically.

Calypso.

"Calypso from the island of Ogygia" Leo replied casually, as if it were nothing. Chiron beamed. "It's wonderful to see that you have managed to leave Ogygia. You are welcome to stay here for as long as required." "Thank you Chiron. May we have a room in the Big House please?" I replied.

Leo.

How did Calypso know about the Big House? He had never talked about it with her, odd.

Calypso.

"Come right this way". Chiron led them up the pathway to the large Texas style house. It reminded Calypso an awful lot of the houses that the Cowboys used to live in, from the old fashioned films. Although the Gods had banned her form leaving Ogygia Calypso had still been able to get hold of modern films from Apollo, so that she could keep up to date with the comings and goings of the world outside the island. In her mind's eye she could see cattle in a corral around the back of the house with a couple of horses tied to stakes in the ground at the front of the house. "I have a room that you can borrow until we build you more permanent lodgings" came Chiron's clear voice, cutting through her daydream. "Thank you, Chiron. I'm sure the room will be perfect" she replied modestly. "I'll leave Leo to show you around Camp Half-Blood." Chiron said with a wink.

Leo.

Now he had the whole afternoon to introduce Calypso to his friends and to show her around Camp. First he planned to take her around the day to day activities, then he would take her to the Secret Bunker, where he would help her for ideas on improving his plans.

Calypso.

Camp was beautiful. What Leo had said didn't live up to the true beauty of the camp. All of Leo's friends were kind and honourable and were very happy to see Leo after he disappeared.