𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

you sat under a tree on the hilltop, looking for shades to stay cool under the summer sun. it was really hot and you feel your sweat dripping. you had your hair styled up in a ponytail, and your white sports tee was already wet from the sweat. you sighed and laid back against the tree, feeling a little uneasy from the heat.

"oi." the familiar voice approached. your eyes glanced up to meet kuroo's brown pair. he handed you a bottle of cold water, while he gulp down the other bottle that he was drinking. "thanks." you thanked and took it from him, mimicking his earlier actions.

"ahhh, it's already summer." he spoke and sat himself next to you. you nodded and swallowed your drink. "i hate summer." you frowned and hugged your knees close to your chest. "it's hot, i get all sweaty and the bugs are all out." he chuckled and stared at you in awe.

"you hate bugs?" "who doesn't?" you wiped the sweat on your forehead with the back of your hand. "let's go eat." you reminded the latter and stood up, dusting the dirt off your pants with him following behind.

you sat with your team and watched as kageyama and hinata compete on who can eat more. you and the rest of the boys laughed at their rivalry. they challenge each other in everything, even the smallest matter.

you finished and excused yourself from the table and went outside, watching as the sun starts to set and the breeze felt colder. your hair being blown back by the wind, it was refreshing.

you leaned against the railing and stared ahead, heaving out heavy breaths, feeling exhausted. you're gloomy, everytime summer comes, you couldn't help but feel drained. smack. another mosquito. you groaned in annoyance.

"y/n, lets go. we gotta clean up." kaori patted your shoulder and went back inside. you sighed and followed, cleaning up the used plates and cutlery. the sun already set, and the boys were still practicing in different gyms.

"i'll go wash up for a bit." you announced to the two girls and left the room. you took a cold shower, washing away all the sweat and exhaustion.

you hopped out of the bathroom and place aside your worn clothes. you pat yourself dry and got dressed into a fresh pair of your sports tee and volleyball shorts.

you took your dirty clothes with you and leave the room, stopping by the laundry room to put your clothes into the machine. you went back to the dining room to find that the duo had already left, leaving you behind. your shoulders fell and you slowly dragged your feet outside, walking pass different gym rooms, trying to look for karasuno.

"oi, clown face!" you heard kuroo called. "what idiot?" a hint of annoyance in your reply. "come watch us practice." he stood by the door with bokuto and akaashi next to him, and you could see tsukishima and lev in the room.

"i'm looking for my teammates." you simply answered. "huh? they already went back to rest." hinata approached. "oh, okay then. i guess i'll watch you guys. only cause hinata is here though," you shrugged and they make ways for you to walk in.

"i'm going to teach you guys read blocking today. watch." kuroo announced to tsukishima and lev. "whoaaaa! that's so cool!" hinata admired. "heh! i'll teach you something even better!" bokuto said proudly. hinata's eyes lightened, his orange specks gleaming.

bokuto explained to him the trick, feint moves and everything and hinata was astonished. you leaned your back against the wall and watched as they started to play. you had to admit kuroo was great at his job, being a middle blocker. the way he could pinpoint where the opponent will spike and changed his block in within seconds, or milliseconds.

"lev! i told you to use your arms!" kuroo yelled again, you've already lost counts of how many times he yelled at lev, more like a screech. you wondered if his throat was still okay after this.

hinata jumped up high to spike the ball, but the block in front was taller and there were no possible place to aim. you sat a little straighter, wondering what his next move would be. you knew hinata, and he wasn't the type of player who thinks while he plays.

surprisingly, he spiked the ball upwards, it went passed lev's fingertips. "a wipe?!" bokuto yelled. "wi...pe?" hinata crossed his eyebrows, confused. "that was a wipe! did you aim for that?" he asked. "eh? i was aiming for lev's fingertips..." hinata uttered, still questioning if what he did was good or bad. everyone was surprised, staring st hinata in disbelief.

"shoyo! you're so cool!" you stood up and cheered for him, he laughed sheepishly. "oh, there you are y/n. its time for dinner now, and please lock the gym door after." the two girls mentioned and left again. you liked hanging with them, but at times you do feel left out.

you helped the boys cleaned up a little and they locked the gym. you were walking with hinata behind lev and tsukishima, listening to lev rambled about kuroo and his criticism. "read blocking takes time and patience, you kids wouldn't get it." kuroo shrugged and pushed passed everyone, now standing in front.

"you're just two years older!" lev raged, followed by hinata as they bickered. you giggled and your eyes caught kuroo's gaze which was fixated on you. "let's go." you took a few steps forward and lead them to the dining room.

that night, sleeping didn't come easy. you tossed and turned, feeling sweat forming on your back. you sat up only to find that the other girls were sleeping soundly. you sighed and tiptoed across the room, opening the door as quietly as you can and leave. you walked down the hall and went to get some soda from the vending machine, only to be met with a boy with black hair you least expected.

_______________________________
[ a/n ] boring chapter i have no idea what
to write for this chapter ok i'm sorry
______________________________