Chapter 60: A Traitor's Story

Start from the beginning

It might've been the love for Amara, or the anger against her parents, but she had decided to join Lord Hades.

The next few years weren't that special, in regards to her dark secret.
She hadn't got in touch with her parents, and still lived with Amara.

But it had all changed on 1st January, this year.

Lord Hades had planned his first raid, and Jenny had known what would happen there. She had known that there would be bloodshed, torture and killing.

The Dark Lord had offered those who hadn't wanted to fight, the option to stay behind.

But Jenny knew that Amara would go and fight. She had not wanted to be seen as a coward or something.

It was horrible.

Jenny had cried and puked after they had come back from the raid. She had locked herself in her room, unable to do anything but cry. She should have stayed. Fighting and killing, she wasn't capable of it. It disgusted her.

At first, she had tried to act normal, go to the raids planned, spend time with her girlfriend, but slowly, had distanced herself away from everyone. No matter how much Amara had pleaded, Jenny would not tell her what was wrong.

She would have blamed her Light orientation for her state, if it weren't for the fact that there were many Light wizards in the army.
Heck, even the Dark Lord's closest Reapers, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger were Light and Neutral themselves.

Everything started to fall apart. Her relationship with her girlfriend, her friends, even her job.

She became a shell of the person she was.

Then she saw the newspaper one day.
Hadrian Peverell now had a partner?

She was furious when she saw the picture of the man holding hands with another boy. The boy looked barely above 18, no doubt a student.

Her perfect life was destroyed since the start of the new year, whereas the man's got better.

Hadrian Peverell was a monster.

Jenny remembered how the man enjoyed the raids. The glee on his face as he slaughtered families. There was no regret, no sadness on his face as he murdered innocents. There were even rumors that the way he acted during the raids was nothing compared to the torture he inflicted upon those who resided in the dungeons of the headquarters.

Jenny hated him since that day.

Her life was drowning in the darkness when she had once again met Albus Dumbledore.

For her, he was like an angel.

The man's Light and honest aura had made her feel like she was at home. Seeing him had given her hope. Like ker life was going to be alright once again.

Jenny did not know what she had expected from the man, but surely not what the man had asked for.

To betray her Lord.

She remembered the terror she had felt when the old man had asked her about the Dark Lord's next raid.

Lord Hades had eyes and ears almost everywhere.

Having dark creatures like vampires and werewolves, who had extraordinary hearing, gave the man a lot of power.

She did not know how Professor Dumbledore discovered her secrets.

That day, her trust, her belief in another person had shattered.

All her life, Jenny had thought of Dumbledore as a person who could do no bad. God's reincarnation in some way. Smarter than the smartest Ravenclaw, kinder than a Hufflepuff and brave as Godric Gryffindor himself (that's exactly how her dad described Dumbledore). Not a hint of Slytherin.