II.

[open roleplay starter]

Dr. Xavier Himdarr had a very cold and determined look on his face as he looked through the charts of one of his newest arrivals: An unfortunate young angel who had been sent by Dusk to some spying on the cosmic entity. Well, it went awry when one of the mutants working for ETERNITY sensed the inhuman blood and injected him with tranquilizing fluid. He was now strapped to a surgeon's chair, the skin on his face badly burned and the blood underneath seemed to be bubbling. All of the nurses who came in and out could no longer look him in the eyes, for their guilt was too much. They had seen many subjects in bad shape before, but this was different. This was a kid, sobbing and screaming as he unintentionally broke his own bones from trying to release himself from the restraints; a child hopelessly screaming for his father to save him. There were not many things worse than that.

But, what could they really do? If they were caught trying to leave the facility or if they tried to release him from the restraints, they would be killed by Xavier or his assistant, or would receive a fate worse than death. They might be the ones strapped to that chair next, being turned into some unholy abomination.

His loud, agonized screams echoed outwards to the open window in the lab and into the forest where your muse could just barely make it out. It was barely a whisper in the wind, but it was distinct: that was definitely a scream of a child in agonizing pain. 

How do they proceed from here?