d a f f o d i l s

daffodils represent new beginnings

Heliophilia, the love of sunlight ; desire to stay in the sun

For me, the sunlight is the smut I read.

"On your knees for me, such a good girl. Now suck my di-"

"Sophia, I have been calling you for the last 15 minutes. Will the world freeze if you don't see your phone for 5 minutes. Now get out of your room and help me with dinner." My grandmother calls out.

This is so not fair. I waited for them to have sex since the first chapter and now, behold the interruption. I could imagine steam coming out of my ears. Being interrupted while reading, almost sounds illegal to me.

"Grams, you could have called me nicely instead of shouting at me, you know, I would have to come down either ways."

"Kids these days, always back answering elders. when I was of your ag-"

Quick, Sophia change the subject, come on.

"Grams, can you wake me up at 6 tomorrow? I don't want to be late on my first day and I don't trust my alarms."

Nailed it.

"Oh yes my baby's going to a fancy school tomorrow! I picked your uniform from Missy's and tell Hi to Jones for me", referring to the driver of the bus which I'm gonna be taking tomorrow to my school.

"Will do grams! And you did not just take the chopping board away from me because was 0.5 seconds slower than you!" This woman.

****

I woke up, courtesy of my grams, to find my big hoodie ridden up thighs, revealing my perfectly toned, flat stomach. Balancing the weight of my body keeping my toned arms on the bed, I pushed the covers off of my body, feeling the warm September currents of Greenville, my small town, 15 minutes from Manhattan.