𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

○ ●

liked by dreamwastaken, harlowsmth, and 9,567 others
astridstorm saw some cows today :)

harlowsmth she really enjoyed them
astridstorm understatement

dreamwastaken bring one back
astridstorm i could try stealing one
dreamwastaken do what you must

user21 yeoooo

user39 when do you go back to florida?
astridstorm five days :)

user40 drop the fake act we all know you don't actually like dream.

user6 you're so pretty

user41 some friend you are for leaving dream

after going to the farm, they went back home to change into comfier clothes. the evening was just starting to show when they left harlow's place again.

the nearest fast food place was about a block away, so they started their walk. "so, are you going to school yet or still don't know what you're gonna do?" astrid asked.

harlow looked down for a second, unsure of how to answer. she couldn't lie to her best friend, not now at least. "i still don't know. i'm trying, i swear! it's just kind of hard, you know."

"i know, and you don't owe me any explanation. i'm just asking. whatever you choose, i'm sure you'll do great at, no matter how long it takes to figure that out." she replied.

harlow gave her a quick hug, thankful for astrid. "you truly are the best. i'm gonna miss you when you leave."

astrid smiled back. "me too. it's been so good coming back here and seeing you."

the rest of the walk was rather silent, except when they'd point out things that reminded them of high school. the diner they'd meet at before school sometimes, the pet store they'd go into just to see the animals, and so many more.

florida would always be astrid's home, but oregon was definitely something special to her.

"i'll order our food and you go save us a table?" offered harlow. astrid nodded and looked around for an empty table. she found one in the corner and sat there.

harlow :)

yo i think the guy in front
of me keeps staring at you

omg
LMAO THATS JAY FROM HS

swear?

swear.

LMAO PLS NO NOT HIM

the school's fboy is staring at
me like he didn't humiliate me
and pick on me all of hs

god i hated him
ten bucks he'll go up to
you at some point?

no deal, i know he will

dammit
well what're you gonna do?

nothing???

do something funny idk i just
wanna laugh 😟

i'll try
you're next in line btw

oh thanks lmao

jay ended up sitting at the table next to astrid. it was no surprise to her that he chose that table, but there were three other empty tables around them.

he leaned a little closer to her, 'catching' her attention. "hey, i'm jayden."

"yeah i know." she deadpanned.

jay raised an eyebrow. "oh, you do?"

she could almost hear the smirk making its way onto his face. she smiled, propping her hand underneath her chin. she put on her most flattering look and faced him.

"yes, jay, i do. so no, i don't want to 'hang out' or give you my number. i'd appreciate if you just didn't talk to me at all, actually." she turned back to harlow, who was walking towards the table.

jay just held a confused expression for a while, eyebrows now furrowed. "wait, astrid?"

"last time i checked, yeah." she was starting to get annoyed now.

"holy shit! i thought you moved to florida or something. god you were such a loser in high school. you definitely look better now." he laughed.

astrid rolled her eyes. "still an asshole like you were in high school. i did move to florida, i'm just visiting harlow here." she gestured to the girl silently sitting in front of her. "now, i suggest you eat your food before it gets cold."

they received their food and ate while having some small chatter. they decided to stop by the corner store to get some snacks for later in the night.

"i don't think that's how natural selection works, but okay." astrid laughed.

harlow rolled her eyes. "yeah, yeah we all know you actually paid attention in bio and i didn't. teacher sucked tho but it's how we met so i guess i'll give him a pass."

"yeah, mr. johnson's class was the best tho. he taught the only english class i'd actually enjoy. why do we always go through the garage?" astrid asked.

"so i don't have to see the asshat of a landlord when we go through the front. i hate this whole building with a passion." harlow simply replied, making her way though the parking garage.

insta!

astridstorm

liked by harlowsmth, dreamwastaken, and 5,371 othersastridstorm i hate men (with few exceptions)

astridstorm i hate men (with few exceptions)

harlowsmth they can be so weird sometimes
astridstorm you only speak facts

dreamwastaken i am an exception HAHA fuckers
astridstorm this is true
dreamwastaken i am also the best exception?
astridstorm mmmm also true

user18 zoo wee mama

author's note
long chapter let's gooo!! this oregon era will be over soon and we'll get back to irl dream and astrid :D
also just wanted to let y'all know that it's okay to be unsure of what you wanna do after high school. choosing a career is a big decision and it's totally fine if it takes you some times to figure it out!