𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

Start from the beginning

“That’s why you went after me, isn’t it? You saw the opportunity; hell, it was right there in front of you. All you had to do was say yes. Once you did, you could get back at them. But, again, you were too much of a coward after you approached me on the street, isn’t that right? You figured because my family saved me, you’d just go after them. You’d get them under your hands, and toy with the strings to control me, was that it?”

A bitter laugh escaped my lips as I watched his lips tremble. 

“Look at you, Coran. You’re trembling. You’re afraid...because you know I’m right. And honestly, that’s fucking pathetic. The woman you were trying to get into your bed is holding you as you tremble in fear under her. Don’t you feel ashamed of yourself, Coran? What would they think if they saw you right now? Reduced to a crying mess all because of some words?”

I don’t know what washed over me. I felt so confident in myself, watching Daisuke crumble under me with just some words. And when I grabbed his chin to tilt his head back, it felt like I wasn’t the one doing it. Nonetheless, I grinned down at him, watching his eyes gloss over with tears. 

“Let me tell you something, Coran. I was never like this before. I was scared of my own shadow before all of this happened. But something hit me; I couldn’t be scared. Being afraid got me nowhere in life. So I stopped. I stopped thinking about my own fear. I realized where I would end up if I let go, and, here I am. You made the mistake of playing around with my family, Coran. And to be honest, I think you were jealous of the relationship my family and I had. That’s why you hurt them, isn’t that right?”

“Shut up!” He screamed, breaking away from me. He brandished more kunai in his hands as he stumbled away from me, his entire body shaking, both with fear and anger. “You shut the fuck up! You don’t know shit!”

“I do, and that’s why you’re afraid,” I said, letting my arms fall to my side. “I think you forget, Coran. I know everything. I know everything about you, about what’s happened to you, who you really are. I know all your behavior patterns. I know that your movements are so stiff because you really don’t want to do this. You’re being driven.”

“Shut up!” He yelled, rushing at me. I heard Keiji exclaim my name. 

I easily caught Daisuke by his wrist. I twisted his hand, jabbing my thumb into his pressure point, making the weapon clatter to the floor. His eyebrows laced together as he flicked his eyes to me. 

“We don’t have to fight, Coran. We’ll talk this out. As long as you don’t hurt anyone else, the heroes and the police can’t do anything more to you. I can’t say you’ll walk away freely, but if you try to kill me, or anyone else...you’re going to die as well. All for One is controlling you. You’re being manipulated. Let me help you, Coran. You don’t have to keep doing this. I promise you, I can help you,” I said, looking at him with genuine concern. 

“You’re lying to me,” He whispered, his voice wavering. I could see the conflict behind his eyes. 

“I’m not, I can swear to you,” I said. “Coran, you saw that broadcast. The whole country of Japan knows what’s going on. If you kill me, or my brothers, my sister, or my parents, do you know what will happen to you? All for One couldn’t save you from Tartarus. He’s just letting you do this without even giving you any help. Coran, can’t you see that he doesn’t care what happens to you? The only thing he’s concerned about is taking my quirk. Who’s to say he won’t kill you or take your quirk once this is over? You can’t trust him.”

“How can I trust you?”

“I’ve had every opportunity to take your quirk away from you. I’ve had every chance to take you down, and make sure you stay down. And I haven’t. Because I’m not going to hurt you, Coran. I don’t wanna hurt you. I wanna hurt All for One. And I know you do too,” I said, letting go of his wrist. Instead, I took his hand. “You have my word that I will save you, Coran. You just have to let me. I can’t save somebody who doesn’t want to be saved. So I’m asking you, Daisuke Coran, do you want me to save you?”

He was hesitant, but he slowly began to nod. I felt relief flood me. He dropped his weapons, bringing his hands to his face. 

“Please, Y/n. I-I’m afraid. I-I’m sorry for what I d-did!”

“It’s okay, Coran. I promise, I’m going to help you.”

The moment the words left my mouth, a loud explosion filled the room. We both jumped, and before I could bring Daisuke down to cover him, we were surrounded. 

Bakugou slammed his foot on the ground, more explosions crackling in his palms. The glass from the window he broke through crunched under the weight of the others; Kirishima, Fatgum, Amajiki, a third year I met, Bakugou, Hawks, and a few other pros I wasn’t familiar with. 

Daisuke’s hands twitched. All the relief I felt earlier washed away. My heart sank into my stomach, and my face dropped. 

“You lied.”

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢: 𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝚐𝚒𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎
1398 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜