Chapter 3

Another knock was heard at my front door, and it exploded, sending mahogany splinters flying everywhere. I shielded my eyes with my forearm, and I felt a few pieces stick themselves into the skin. I winced, but that was all. I looked over to Sunshine briefly, and saw that she had changed to the form of my best friend, Red, whom I had a picture of on the coffee table by the couch. Before the dust settled, I could see some blood-red eyes staring back at me.
"Vinyl Scratch! What a surprise!" I called. Sure enough, the white vampony stepped through the dust, an amused smirk on her face.
"Was I that obvious?" She said, her fangs visible from where I stood. "Yeah, it was," I chuckled, then looked at the mess around us. "You're paying for this, by the way," I added. Vinyl winced. "Really? Last I checked, you had at least 7 replacement doors!" She replied smugly. "Yeah, well, I kinda ran out," I laughed. Vinyl merely shrugged. "Oh well. I just wanted to drop by to-" she started, but stopped when she saw Sunshine. I could feel her nervousness like a icy javelin from across the room. I glanced between Vinyl and Sunset, and I could feel the tension.
"That's not Red!" She suddenly, making a move to tackle Sunshine, but I stopped her.
"I know, Vinyl. Do you remember that story I told you about Sunshine Sprinkle?" She looked confused, but nodded slowly. I raised both front hooves in Sunshine's direction. Vinyl shook her head, disagreeing.
Before I could argue with her, I heard some buzzing behind me, and I turned to see Sunshine in the air, fangs extended and her mouth agape. She then dived down at me.