Chapter 2

I didn't know what to say, but the changeling seemed deeply worried about something. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I then nodded my head slowly.
"I-I need your help. M-may I come in?" She stuttered. I then noticed a hole in her side, and purple blood dripped from it. She wasn't being shy, she was in pain! I nodded vigorously, motioning for her to come inside, and closed the door behind her.
She walked with a limp, and her insect-like wings twitched in pain. She limped over to the couch and collapsed on it, the wound facing up. She winced and gritted her razor-like teeth. I stared in disbelief. Only one pony could have done this: Twilight Sparkle. I raced to the changeling's side, trying to rack my brain for the healing spell. It's been forever since I've used any kind of magic, so I wasn't so sure if the spell would work. I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on healing the wound. When I opened them, the hole in the changeling's side was gone, and she looked at me in astonishment.
"W-why did you help me? Most other ponies would turn me away at the door!" she fumbled.
"You knew my name, didn't you?" I replied, a warm smile creeping itself onto my face. She seemed confused.
"Well- yeah. But I heard another changeling talking about you. That could be anything!" she sighed. I chuckled.
"I don't care about ponies' background. We all have feelings, and that won't ever change. I am a pony rights activist," I explained, and she seemed to understand a little. She then gasped.
"You're that pony who was on stage in the forest earlier!" She shrieked. I winced, my ears hurting, and rubbed one out with a hoof.
"Yes, yes I'm that pony. Now, please, lower your voice! This isn't exactly the safest neighborhood for changelings!" I said, hushed. The changeling got the point and tried calming down. I ran out of things to say, and couldn't think of another topic.
"So... What's your name? I never got it," I asked, awkwardly, and she perked up. "I'm Sunshine Sprinkle, nice to meet you!" She chirped. I stared at her in disbelief. No way!
"Erm... Mr. Coldheart? Are you okay?" she asked, worried. I shook my head with a shrug and a sigh, stunned. "Is everything alright?" she asked again. Without warning, I tackled her in a hug, sobbing into her shoulder. Sunshine was my second love, but she was stabbed about a year after we had started dating, and supposedly died in my arms. But here she was, so different from the last time I saw her. "You have no idea how much I've missed you!" I cried. She reluctantly hugged back, as if I triggered a memory. She then tightened her grip on me, catching me by surprise. "Gearhead! Oh, Celestia! It's so good to see you!" She gasped.