Prologue part two: Choices?

Little key to understand things better :)

Slant = Thoughts or the narrator's action

Bold = Moments that are supposed to be kinda eerie (I really hope I can do that well >.<)

Slant AND bold = The time, setting, or POV

So, where were we last time? Speaking about the protagonist, yes? Well, why don't we truly meet her now? It's time for the story to begin, please don't expect a happy ending.

"Hopes Peak Academy. I thought I would never get accepted, for my talent is... not really that good. My brother, Yuu Zaiden, started a killing game a year back, and the school has been reopened again for classes. I hope to give my family a better name by proving I'm... not too bad of a person. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Niko Zaiden, The Ultimate Stalker. Welcome to this crazy story."

"Hope's Peak... I made it. Are you proud of me yet mom? I sure hope so." The girl named Niko walked onto campus but soon blacked out. Why? We are unsure at the moment, but all will be revealed soon enough. Now let's jump back to the prison cell, shall we?

January 14th, 12:37 AM

13 students, on the ground. All unconscious. Are they dead? I wonder. Let's wake them up instead of what we did last time. All we need to do is give a little nudge. The sound of a dropping item can be heard, but nothing fell. And now we begin.

Niko's POV

I opened my eyes and push myself up using my arms. I hear something clatter to the ground as I do. When I look over I can see a shiny silver pistol, filled with three bullets. "What...?" I stare and reach out for the pistol, feeling a feeling of familiarity when I see it. Once I picked the pistol up, I felt a strange bolt of energy enter my body. It causes me to shiver upon the realization it's MY pistol. "Why would I have this?" I decided to inspect it and fiddle with the trigger, making sure it was locked so it wouldn't fire. Just before I set it down, I realized I was on a cold tile floor. There were no lights, so I couldn't see anything. When I stood up I lightly tapped something with my foot. I bent down and felt it, it was warm, but slowly going cold. Was I touching... a body?! I quickly jumped up and looked around the room for a light switch, happy once I found one. Once it was on, I saw 12 other bodies. In a panic, I went for the one closest to me. It was a girl in her early adult years. She wore glasses and had blue grey-ish hair that was worn in pigtails. Her outfit was a lab coat over a school uniform. She slowly opened her eyes and stared at me. I can't say why, but her gaze unnerved me, and at the same time it was beautiful. SHE was beautiful.

"What do you want...?" Her voice was cold, with no emotion at all. And yet it sounded tired. She pushed herself up, and a notebook fell. She picked it up and stared, then turned to me.

"What are we doing here? And why are there bodies all around us?" She sounded uninterested, but still kept talking; "You have a pistol, and they seem dead. You killed them right?"

"W-what?! No!" I whisper-screamed at her. I didn't feel like waking other people, especially the guys.

"Oh. Sorry." The girl stands up and brushes off her clothes. " My name is Rikona Tameshi, the ultimate Physiologist."

"O-oh, my name is Niko Zaiden, the ultimate stalker." I gave her my hand to shake with a smile, but she ignored it and walked towards the door. 

"Wake up the others, I'll get us out." She didn't even look back as she started kicking the door.

I walked over to the others and started to wake them up. Mirai, a grape-haired girl with a glass bottle, 3189, a girl with a lyre in hand, Kohana, a girl with the controls to some sort of robot, Hayashi, a young boy with a rope, Momoe, a person holding a brush covered in red paint, and so on and so forth. Every person had an object in their hands, what could this mean? Soon enough, everyone had been awakened. And just in time for Rikona to open the door.

"I got it, Niko." She turned back to me and opened the door with ease. I wonder how she did that.

"I think it's about time we leave this room, what about all of you?" The girl named Mirai spoke and everyone else nodded at her suggestion.

"I really hope this is all just a dream, I don't think I can handle this!" The person named Momoe jumped at the thought of this being real.

"Let's go, before we lose the courage to do this..."

And with that, they were all out the door. Little did they know, a game of life and death awaited them...

(Author's note - Hiiiiiiiii! It's me, Rei! :D I know I'm not a very good writer and most people probably won't read this, but thank you so much if you are! It means a lot to me to know people like what I do, so thanks. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. You can kinda tell I was losing my focus at the end, haha. I'll do better next time, so please wait for it! Bye! - Rei)

(815 words, not including this or the author's note)