⊱ ── {⋅. ✯Chapter 02✯ .⋅} ── ⊰

All the characters belong to Disney. This is just for entertainment purposes.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Stay back Sisu ! She's dangerous.." I said as I warily got nearer. I stopped fairly close, victorious. I unleashed my sword just to carefully put it against her throat. My lips curled in smirk and I said " Care to explain? princess-undercut ". Slowly but carefully she managed to stand, her hands up in the air, as to insinuate her non-violent intentions. well too bad for her because I'm not having any of that, I'm not a gullible little child anymore. Biting her lower lip she managed to articulate "I was.. you know.. just passing by..." That one earned a little chuckle." Go on! Amuse me!" I said while pushing my sword a little closer to her chin. "Okay, okay, okay I WAS following you.." "Stalker.. And?.." I questioned with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Look, I was just trying to help okay ?"I burst into laughter. "Nice one !" I said between muffled giggles. "I am moved." I added with a hint of sarcasm." But you see.. hmm.. you're not exactly the trustworthy type. no offense."

"ugh, whatever. Take it or leave it " She said avoiding my gaze in a clearly annoyed manner. Well, I'm glad I enjoyed it while it lasted, troubled Namaari that is. I sighed. "I assume you're not planning on leaving any sooner.." I stated while putting back my sword in its sheath. She gave no reply. A heavy silence engulfed the place as we gazed into each other's eyes, into the depth of our souls. With unwavering eyes she just stared, almost as if she could read me like an open book, and for a moment, I really wanted to trust her, but I didn't. "You know what they say, keep your friends close and you enemies closer. Come on."

It wasn't long before we arrived at Tail's temple, what's left of it if I had to say. Getting to the main room was a breeze. In the center, the remains of the last chief held the gem inside of a huge tree.

"Don't touch it!" alerted Namaari. "It's a trap. I can handle this." she added. As she meticulously placed a stick to disactivate the mechanism, I rushed and snatched the gem piece, which triggered it. A hint of disappointment traveled Fang's princess's face as she pointed us to the exit. Running as fast as we could, we barely managed to pass the gate. Gasping for air, I glanced at her. she was hurt. A bruise started to darken on her leg, and my heart squeezed a little inside. with great difficulty, she struggled to stand up, fumbling in the process. Then with a warm smile, she extended her hand. "You're hurt.." I whispered between breaths. "Worried, dep la ?" she chuckled. "As if ! I mean..." I looked away shying from her burning gaze. "We better keep going!" 

 Our next destination was the talon tribe, and the journey was long so we had to spend the night somewhere. To stay safe we kept our distance from Namaari and her giant cat. Every time she gets closer to Sisu, I get overwhelmed with so much fear and anxiety, scared of being betrayed, that I never let the two alone. 

"Hey.. can we talk?.." she said in a soft voice. With a loud groan I responded as I broke from Tuktuk's cuddle. "What is it Princess, that you had to wake me up in the middle of the night ? I clearly told you we do not provide night cuddles as one of our services, they are off limits!" when I turned to meet her eyes, I gasped. The moonlight kissing her skin, and the stars glimmering in her eyes was a sight to behold, dare I say breathtaking. Delicately she brushed her hair behind her ear, and for a moment, my heart almost lost its reason. "Do you mind talking somewhere... private ?" I gulped. "Yeah sure, lead the way.." she lightly touched the tip of my fingers, then looked at me for approval. I must've looked so pleased, because she held my hand preciously, a smile as bright as the sun plastered on her lips, and lead me a little bit further from the group.

As we got there she released my hand gradually, and I cursed myself for not wanting her to let go. " I.. I just wanted to sincerely apologize.." She started. " I am really sorry Raya.. I.. I was blinded by my love for my people, that I took actions that not only caused the Druun's awakening but also cost you your father's life, so many people's lives." she took a deep breath then added. "Fang was suffering a great deal.. we were facing almost a famine.. and we thought that.. we thought that the gem was really the source of heart's prosperity, that it was our saving grace.. I failed to see the bigger picture.. During these past six years I got time to reflect upon all of this.. And the most heart wrenching fact is that you had to live years, without your dad.." biting her lip, with great difficulty she let out the next few words. "Because of me." she felt genuine. But I was not ready.. " I understand." I managed to say. " But I can't trust you yet though.." I added while averting my eyes. " I 'm aware. And its totally okay! I just wanted you to know that, I was sorry and that I will work really hard to earn your trust back." She said trying to meet my eyes again. "yeah.. so let's" I couldn't finish my sentence as her hand rushed to cover my mouth. "shush.. I hear a lot of foot steps.. Fang soldiers!" she held my head between her hands. Her face was so close to mine. "Listen to me Raya you're gonna take Sisu, Tuktuk and get the fuck out of here! I will distract them so you hurry up! Now go GO!" without any second thoughts I raced to were Sisu and Tuktuk were, and we run out of there. Managed to get on a boat, and with some money convincing and dragon water powers we sailed to Talon. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

I had to make a lot of decisions for this chapter so I hope you all like it :") I also worked on a new cover I hope you like it :D