Meeting The Family

Rachel checked herself in the mirror for the hundredth time, she was nervous she was supposed to meet Jake's parents in an hour. She was wearing a red knee length dress which was sleeveless, she thought it didn't reveal too much skin and was perfect for meeting the parents. She didn't know how his parents would react about her, it wasn't the first time she was meeting them, she was over dinner at his place countless times when they were dating back in high school. The aftereffects of their relationship is what worried Rachel. Jake was sure Matthew was not his but she didn't know what his parents thought about the issue. Throughout her pregnancy or after her child was born, Jake's parents didn't contact her even once. So she assumed they believed Jake when he claimed the child was not his. It hurt her that nobody stood by her through her hardships. But she realised it is best to leave the past and move on. Now she was getting a second chance with Jake maybe now she can convince him that Matthew is his and Matthew can finally grow up with his dad and can also have at least one set of grandparents around him.

When a knock sounded at her door she realised, she had spent the last hour in her thoughts. She went to get the door, Jake stood there with a cold look in his face, he wasn't letting any emotions pass through his face, but she had to admit he was hot, he was wearing a white button up shirt with a black jacket on blue jeans. After realising she was staring, she cleared her throat and invited him in. He told her it was getting late and that they should leave, so she nodded her head and went in to grab her purse and keys. After locking up her apartment, she followed him towards his car.

The drive was silent with neither of them making any effort to start the conversation and Rachel liked it this way, she needed this time to compose her thoughts, she was very afraid as to how his parents would take the news about them getting married.

After an hour they reached their destination. Jake's parents lived in a posh community, after reaching the long gates, Jake got down and went and pressed the intercom, after the guards confirmed his identity they let them in, Jake drove through the long gated entrance. He parked the car and came through her side and opened her door. Rachel was mildly surprised at his gesture but took his arm when he offered, and they started making their way towards the front door.

A butler greeted them at the entrance and took their coats. He gestured them towards the living room. The house was in fact a mansion and huge chandeliers hung in the living room. There were two long leather sofas, a recliner and also a fireplace in the room. Jake's parents John and Monica were already sitting in the living room, when they came in Monica stood up from her place and stepped forward to embrace him, later his dad followed the gesture. Rachel stood there mutely, it felt like her heart would leap in her throat any minute now, but was shocked when Jake's mom stepped in to hug her next, in fact shock was an understatement. John smiled politely at her and held out his hand. Rachel didn't know what to expect, but this was not at all the scenario she had expected in her mind.

Monica suggested they have a drink before moving into the dining room. Everyone agreed, Jake and his dad chose scotch on the rocks, whereas the ladies chose wine. While having their drinks Jake's mom finally breached the subject about their relationship. Before Rachel could get a word out, Jake announced the news about their wedding. Rachel looked from under eyes for their response, and was again shocked when they were delighted with the news. Monica stood up and hugged Rachel again and whispered in her ear,"You don't know for how long I have been waiting for Jake to get married and I agree with his choice of bride, we always thought you were family, this would just legalise things."

Rachel felt a tear slip through, she couldn't believe how things were turning out smoothly, this had to be a dream she thought. But in the next hour she was faced with the reality that this was not a dream, when Monica started making elaborate wedding plans throughout dinner.

After dinner they bid goodbye to Jake's parents and Rachel promised Monica she would meet her soon to finalise the wedding plans. Once in car, Rachel turned towards Jake whose eyes were on the road, she decided to break the silence,"So the dinner went smoothly, I still can't believe your parents would accept me so easily after everything that happened between us."

Jake thought even he couldn't believe how easily his parents had forgiven her and accepted her in the family, but again his parents were generous, the generosity which she didn't deserve, instead of voicing out this thoughts he replied," My parents are wonderful people and I am glad how things turned out, I didn't want any problems at our wedding."

Rachel agreed and went back to staring outside the car window, this time she felt there was a comfortable silence between them. Though Jake thought differently, he didn't care what his parents view were on Rachel, he knew she was an awful person, and all this innocence was an act to impress everyone around her. But he wouldn't fall for her act the second time, this time it was only about getting his revenge and discarding her. He would destroy her he vowed to himself.

A/N: Please vote or comment and show your support.

Story not edited.