CHAPTER 1: The Lady

Chapter 1: The Lady

Elisia stood at the entrance of the church, her gaze flickering nervously between the grand doors and the expectant faces of the gathered guests. Impatience gnawed at Elisia's insides as she shifted from foot to foot, her fingers tapping restlessly against her gown.

"Laura, nariyan naba?" Hindi niya na natiis magtanong sa kaibigan. People murmured amongst themselves, casting curious glances her way.

"Maghintay pa tayo ng ilang oras bes, darating din 'yun. Kumalma ka ok?" Pagpapakalma ni Laura, kahit siya ay hindi narin mapakali. Higit dalawang oras na silang naghihintay sa groom. Mas nauna pa ngang dumating ang bride kesa rito.

Elisia had dreamed of this day for so long, envisioning the moment when she would walk down the aisle to meet Khalid, waiting at the altar. But now, with each passing second, her excitement gave way to frustration.

'Where was Khalid? Why was he making me wait like this on the most important day of our lives?' Doubts crept into Elisia's mind, whispering cruel thoughts of abandonment and betrayal.

Her mother approached, concern etched on her face. "Elisia, my dear, try to remain calm. Darating si Khalid. Sigurado ako may dahilan kung bakit wala pa siya."

But Elisia couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over her like a heavy shroud. She wanted to believe her mother's words, to trust that Khalid would appear any moment, but the longer she waited, the more uncertain she became.

"Ma, s-siguro hindi na siya darating. P-pauwiin nalng po natin ang mga bisita," Sumisikip ang dibdib na saad niya sa ina.

"But Eli-"

Before Elisia's mother could finish her sentence, a sudden commotion interrupted them. The groom's mother approached Elisia, tears streaming down her face, and called out her name.

"Elisia! Elisia!" she cried out, her voice trembling with emotion. "S-si Khalid... n-naksidente."

The words hung in the air like a heavy fog, suffocating Elisia with their gravity. Her heart skipped a beat, then pounded in her chest like a relentless drum. A wave of shock washed over her, leaving her breathless and disoriented.

"A-anak," Lumuluha at nag-aalalang hinaplos ng kaniyang ina ang kaniyang likuran. "M-ma, s-si Khalid, h-hindi-" Tears welled up in Elisia's eyes as a surge of fear and desperation gripped her soul. Ang kasiyahan at pananabik ng kanyang araw ng kasal ay nabasag sa isang iglap, napalitan ng isang malalim at matinding pighati na nagbabanta na lumamon sa kanyang kabuuan.

Ang kaniya mundo ay tila nag-iikot sa paligid niya habang pinipilit niyang unawain ang nakapanlulumong balita. 'Khalid, her beloved Khalid'

Oh my ghad! Frantic cries filled the air as concerned onlookers rushed to Elisia's side when she collapsed on the ground in a heap.

In the depths of a grand hall adorned wittowering marble pillars and elaborate tapestries, Khalid found himself standing alone at the altar, his gaze drawn to the imposing door at the end of the long aisle. Bathed in the soft glow of flickering candles, the vast space exuded an aura of mystery and reverence.

Binalot siya ng pangamba at pagkalito ng matantong mag-isa lamang siya sa lugar na iyon. 'Why was I here? And where was Elisia?' Nagtatakang tanong niya kaniyang isipan. Ito ang araw ng kanilang kasal, paanong na punta siya sa ganitong lugar?