Panchali accepts Subhadra

Start from the beginning

Arjun's pov
Leave for Anga? But she just came back! Why did she need to leave?!
"But Panchali...you were supposed to..." Amgraj cried but was forestalled by Panchali.
"Well I was supposed to fulfill my duty as the daughter in law of Hastinapur now it's time for Anga. My mother in law in Anga is completely alone. She will probably need me" Panchali said.
"A week in Anga has changed you so much Rajkumaari. This sutaputra is more important to you than us now!" Bhrata Bheem shouted.
I knew he had crossed the line. He shouldn't have insulted Amgraj in this manner. I thought of interrupting but Panchali was quick to answer.
"Its my husband you are talking about Rajkumar!" Panchali said a coldness and anguished tinge in her tone. She seemed extremely disturbed.
"Dont insult my husband before me!" Panchali firmly declared.
Angraj looked at her completely taken aback. He was definitely not expecting her to take a stand for him. Honestly neither was I. But I also knew she would...Angraj was her husband afterall.
"I think it's time for us to leave" Panchali said as Angraj barely nodded.
"Panchali...can I have a word with you?" I said.
Panchali stopped in her tracks. She looked at me and found genuineness visible in my eyes as she nodded.
"I will be back sooon arya" she said to Angraj.
So she was calling him arya now? That's new.
I had to stop Panchali. I couldn't let her go like this. She was the woman I loved. Moreover she had not yet forgiven me. I needed her forgiveness.

Draupadi's pov
I couldnt control my temper when Rajkumar Bheem insulted Karn in this manner. Moreover his caste was not his boundary but the way he uttered the word sutaputra was with such disgust that I couldnt stop myself from interrupting. His words were like hot iron placed against my heart. Karn was such a nice person and  he as a powerful warrior but people insulted him for his caste! This was awful. AND Angraj never uttered a word against these people. I didmtnknow why but my heart was filled with pain as I heard those words. They were directed towards Karn but they were piercing my insides. He was my husband no matter what. As I was going to leave Arjun stopped me. He wanted to have a word. God knows what awaited me there.
As Arjun and I were left alone to talk I could sense his disturbed soul. He was uncomfortable as he fidgeted with his fingers.
"Panchali...please dont leave" he said finally.
"Arjun I need some time alone." I said.
"Then stay here. We will leave you alone"  he said.
"How are you so selfish Arjun ?! You cant see me happy. Going to Anga will help me forget this for a while. Why cant you be happy for me!" I spoke out my thoughts.
"Panchali...I love you. We will make this work" he said.
"We will have to make it work. You have not given me any choice Arjun. You didnt ask me before you married Subhadra" I said. I knew my words were bitter but they were the expression of my thoughts. I also knew Arjun was ragged by now. He would blame me or shout at me. I knew Arjun too well.
"You too are married to two men Panchali! So how is it such a big deal if I remarry!"
"It was not my choice Arjun! I had to marry two men even though I didnt want to!" I shouted.
Arjun quitened down. He knew I was right. He let me go. I came out as I found the pandavas viewing Angraj with particular interest. Angraj however was focused on me. He looked at me searching for my true feelings.
I smiled assuring him I was fine.
We set out on our journey for Anga. I had two motives in my visit this time.
Firstly to forget and forgive Arjun and enjoy with Radhama . Secondly to convince Karn to get married and find a perfect bride for him.

Karn's pov
It's been three days we had reached Anga. Life was peaceful. However I noticed  change in Panchali's behaviour. She kept asking me questions about my friends. She kept talking about my taste in women. It was so weird. I had to know what was in her mind. I hoped it was not what I feared.
"Angraj...Radhama told me that you had a childhood friend who liked you a lot. Her name was Vrushali" She said.
Vrushali...yes ofcourse.
"Yes Panchali" I replied focussing on my work.
"Dont you like her too?" She asked.
Okay I was right! I knew where this was going.  Ha to stop my wife from finding a bride for me.
"No Panchali I don't like her" I said.
"Who do you like?" She asked .
"Panchali I know what you are trying to do but I have told you earlier. I dont want to get married!" I said irritated.
"But why?" She asked innocently.
"Because I dont want you to go through the same pain you had to handle when Arjun married Subhadra" I said and immediately realized I had spoken my mind. I also knew it was very different. She loved Arjun thus his marriage troubled him. She didng feel anything for me. Yet I couldn't do this to her.
She looked at me angrily and left the chamber.
Why was she angry with me!?
"Panchali" I called and followed her.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"You dont understand " she said her voice breaking.
I slowly held her hand and softly caressed her cheek. She tried to push me away but I was too strong. Her eyes were bursting with tears.
"What's wrong Panchali?" I asked genuinely confused.
"Arya...why dont you wanna get married?" She asked me.
I was losing my patience now. Why did she want me to get married! I had the right to decide whether I wanted to remarry.
"Why do you want me to get married?" I asked coldly.
"Arya you deserve happiness...why do you stay alone?" She asked. I had lost my temper by now. Why was she behaving like this?!
"Panchali I am happy! I dont need another wife to keep me happy. It's my decision to not remarry. Why are you doing this!?" I asked extremely disturbed.
"Why are you like this? You are exactly what I want Arjun to be" She said looking at me strangely.
I smirked ironically.
"This is the problem Panchali. You ae not in love with Arjun as a person. You are in love with his name...with your idea of his image. You have pictured Arjun in your kind and you fell in love with that man. Doesnt matter if Arjun is anything like that man you love" I found myself saying.
She however didnt respond.
"I dont wanna get married!" I firmly declared as I left the chamber.

Draupadi's pov
Why was he like that? Was he right about Arjuna? Was I in love with his image in my mind? I wanted Karn to get married hut he had firmly expressed his desire to not remarry.
Why was he so loyal to me when all I had done was been rude to him...denied him his rights. Next morning I decided I would apologise to him for interfering in his life without his permission.
"Forgive me Angraj...I will never interfere in his life again" I said.
"Panchali shop this! Why do you do this! You have complete right to interfere in my life...you are a part of my life. I dont want to get married. That's it! " he said .
Why was he so angry all the time! But I couldnt suppress a smile.as he said I was a part of his life. I simply nodded bot knowing what would furthur anger him.
"We need to go to Hastinapur" Angraj said.
What...why? No!!! Not yet!!! I was happy here. Couldnt these people see me happy!?
"Why? I dont want to go right now!" I said.
Karn looked at me suddenly a smile appearing in his face.
"Its Dushala's wedding Panchali. We noth are invited." He said smiling a little at my sudden excitement.
"Ohh!!!You will be going! That's fine. But wait...marriage!? I need to pack! How can you do this to me! You didnt tell me about this earlier! How will I pack so quickly!" I exclaimed as I began planning which outfits to take.
"What's there to pack? Just two pairs of clothes" angraj said smiling.
"Angraj! You dont understand! Atleast eight pair of dresses. For each event. " I said and ran for packing as I noticed Karn smiling cutely.
"You are impossible Krishnaa!" He said as he laughed heartily.