Chapter 5: My Own Steel

Start from the beginning

The demon's eyes were wide in terror, as he watched the redhead sheathed back his blade. 'In the end, he'll gaze upon me with eyes looking like filth.' He thought bitterly, 'The type of eyes that are full of disdain.'

Hearing this, the soft people stared sadly at the scene.

On the other hand... Genya, Sanemi and Iguro became quiet, but there were frowns on their faces.

Meanwhile the other demon slayers recalled the times they slayed demons. In slaying demons most of them never showed their emotions to those demons.

Then, there are those demons slayers who thinks killing demons are about showing strength and also being cocky about it, as they bragged about their kill in pride.

Also, we have demon slayers who didn't know what happened to the demon they killed.

The fading hand demon's thoughts continued rubbing, 'Dammit, I'm so afraid to close my eyes.' He snarled in his head, 'But, this body won't allow me to turn my head. I can't believe the last scene I will look upon is a demon hunter–'  All the demon's thoughts ceased, as the redhead turned around.

There was a sad yet kind look on the redhead's face.

Seeing this, some people smiled. Sabito shakes his head, "If it was me, I would just blankly stared at it before moving on." He said with a sigh, "Tanjiro is really different." He commented and Makomo who heard him, nodded her head. She agrees with the peach colored haired boy's statement that their redhead friend is really different.

Meanwhile, Iguro and Sanemi were seen frowning at the scene. The same thing can be said with Genya. Their eyes glanced at the redhead, before glancing back at the screen.

The platinum colored haired man frown, 'You're to compassionate... What if a demon tricked you and makes you think that you had sliced off their neck when they had removed their neck on their own.' He growled while shaking his head in disappointment, 'While you are to busy pitying those demons. Some would used that as a distraction to kill you.' When he said those words in his head, he sends a glare at the redhead. 'Pitying demons had killed Kanae and the same thing can happen to you if you pity them too much.'

'Why do you have that expression on your face?' The demon thought and before he disappeared completely. A flashback appeared in his head.

A young boy was seen crying with blood on his mouth, "Big brother, I'm alone in the dark. I'm so scared." The young boy cried, as he squatted down and tried to wipe away the tears on his face.

Watching this scene, everyone realized that this was the hand demon when he was a human. Although, it looks like the young boy in the screen had already been turned judging by the blood on his mouth.

However, in another part if the theater room. We can see Sanemi's shoulder slumping down despite the hard look on his face. 'So the demon ate his big brother...' He thought, as he glanced at the crying child that was on the screen. Letting out a sigh, the platinum colored haired man furiously scratched his hair in frustration. 'Fuck you, Muzan. If you didn't existed this kid wouldn't turned into a demon and would also live happily with his brother!' He growled under his breath; then, his eyes unconsciously glanced at his own younger brother. 'Then, we also wouldn't be torn apart...' His thoughts trailed off, but the scarred man snapped out if it by shaking his head.

Hearing the scarred man's thoughts, their host softly smiled. 'You just let your anger cloud your mind. Even though you're like that, you're still a caring person.' Gem thought with a small shake of her head.