Chapter 5: My Own Steel

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" He shouted and everyone glanced at the masked boy. But, the masked boy ignored the stare and focused his attention to the girl who was a few seats away from him.

"Kanai!" He said and said girl turned to the boy with a blank expression on her face. Seeing the emotionless expression of the girl made the boy huffed, but he still decided to speak.

"You flipped your coin!" He said and this time everyone turned to the black haired girl, "It means you have an idea right?" He asked, shocking some people especially Kanao who has both her eyebrows slightly raised despite the poker face she was wearing.

There was no response from the girl and this made the pretty boy huffed. His green eyes started to glare at the others around him, "What are you staring at huh?" He shouted loudly and everyone's shock look turned into deadpan look on their faces.

But, inside they were kinda shock. Because once again the wild boar said something smart again while on the other hand some people thought that the wild teen was really observant.

Kanao stared blankly at the teen before turning back to her coin and flipping it again.

It turned out heads.

"When Gem-san said that the story will shift perspective, I realized what she said by that." She answered in a montone voice and their host quirked an eyebrow in interest while some also became curious too.

Their host slyly grinned, "Oh, please do share" She said and the raven haired girl blinked blankly at her.

Then, the raven haired girl hesitated for a moment. But her hesitation wasn't seen by herself nor the others around her except for Tanjiro who smelled it, but he quirked an eyebrow when he smelled the scent was being suppressed.

The redhead stared at the girl besides him in wonder, 'Her scent is being suppressed. She's blocking it, I wouldn't have smelled smelled it if I wasn't quick or near her.' He thought, as he took a sniff at the raven haired girl's scent again and the scent of hesitation was now gone from her.

Sanemi must have become impatient because he snapped at the girl, "Just speak!" He shouted to Kanao who didn't responded nor make any move at the Wind Hashira's booming voice. "If you figured something out, just spit it out!" He growled and once again there was no response from the girl.

Seeing this, Shinobu glared at the scarred man. "Shinazugawa-san." She called out his name in a dangerous calm voice, "Please don't shout at my little sister." She said with a calm smile, but the anger was still there.

The man just glared at the short woman who smiled back.

This time Kanae decided to interfere before something bad happened again, "Shinobu, please calm down." She said to her sister who huffed; then, she turned her head to platinum colored haired man. "Also, please don't shout at Kanao, Sanemi." She kindly requested and Sanemi let out a growl under his breath, but he quickly shut up.

Meanwhile, Tanjiro who watched the whole exchanged was also keeping an eye at Kanao. He noticed the brief smell of fear from her when the Wind Hashira shouted at her before it was suppressed once again.

Tanjiro stared intensely at the girl, but you can see the sadness in his focused eye. Meanwhile, Zenitsu was watching the redhead who was examining Kanao the whole time.

A sweatdrop appeared on the blonde's head, 'Tanjiro, you kinda look like a stalker. Please stop that.' He thought with a sigh.

Mitsuri was recalling what their host said earlier and tried to connect it with the words that Kanao said. Her eyes widened and a smile appeared on her face, she snapped her finger and turned to the sixteen years old girl, "Kanao-chan when you realized what Gem-san's words meant. You're thinking about that the future we're watching is not only in Tanjiro's perspective, but also other people too." She exclaimed and the young raven haired girl nodded in confirmation which made the Love Hashira smile.