Part 10: Salvation

Start from the beginning

Apollyon thought for a moment then spoke.

Apollyon: "I know who you are"

Jürgen rolled his eyes in his mind then spoke.

Jürgen: "Who am I then?"

Apollyon: "You are a strong and smart young man, Jürgen. Though you have much to learn I believe you can achieve something beyond the code of Chivalry and all of that Warden nonsense"

Jürgen: "You think so?"

Apollyon looked to Jürgen and spoke.

Apollyon: "I know so. You are the son of Hans Müller are you not?"

Jürgen was surprised that Apollyon answered the way she did. Jürgen showed a slight smile. Apollyon looked normal on the outside but melted on the inside. She felt happy knowing she had lifted her son up a little.

Erzebet: "Where to next, Apollyon?"

Apollyon: "We are coming up on a Viking stronghold. When he set up camp near it I will need to speak with Mercy"

Erzebet nodded.

***

After hours of riding on horse back the Blackstone army finally made it to the location they were meant to set up camp. The soldiers began putting up their tents and lighting fires.

Apollyon had her tent set up at the highest point, being above the rest.

Jürgen was unpacking his belongings from his horse until he heard a familiar voice from behind.

Alan: "Jürgen?"

Jürgen turned around and saw Alan walking to him.

Jürgen: "Hello Alan. What brings you to me?"

Alan: "I have orders so I came to let you know"

Jürgen: "Go ahead"

Jürgen took the last of his food from his satchel and turned to Alan.

Alan: "Holden, Stone and I will be in a meeting with Apollyon. Apollyon wants you there"

Jürgen: "See you there then"

Alan nodded and left. Jürgen began setting up his fire near a large tree. After lighting the fire Jürgen began to cook a chunk of beef on the fire, using his clean sword to rotate the meat.

Jürgen ate his food and leaned back onto the tree he had set up his small camp near. He put his hands behind his head and sighed, closing his eyes.

Faint whispering began to creep into Jürgen's mind as he began to drift asleep. Eventually Jürgen fell asleep completely.

[Jürgen]

I woke up in a dark forest. The grass, trees and bushes around me were black but weren't burned. In front of me was a clearing. I walked into the clearing and looked around. There was no one. There was no one here except for me.

That was until I heard a few sticks break behind me. I turned around and saw a black figure with a hood covering their head standing in front of me.

???: "You made it"

The figure stood still and spoke again.

???: "We heard your cry for help. For strength"

The figure moved slowly towards me.

???: "We have answered. We are only waiting for you to take the next step"

I took a step backwards and spoke.