He rolls the sleeves of his white shirt up, lifting his wand as it hovered over her forehead, "I'll be here the entire time. I won't leave," he assured her.

She closes her eyes.

"Stupefy."

When Esme awoke again, her hand was sore- muscles rigid from remaining in the same position. Although Her hand no longer burned. The excess blood had vanished. Her hand was healed, not a single scar planted across her palm.

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy."

He nodded, "I'm just going to go clean up. I'll be back."

He bends down, picking up his tools from the floor and organizing them back into the bag that had an undetectable extension charm.

When he left the room, her head turned on her pillow, digging her face into the side. She heard the sound of water from the bathroom, and then it was quiet. Her eyelids snapped open suddenly in complete ignorance of her tiredness seconds ago.

Stepping out of her bed her feet travelled down the small hallway until she was a couple feet away from the glass doors he was standing up. From this distance, she could see how tense he was by his shoulders and the tiredness for the slight way they slumped in utter exhaustion.

Mr Malfoy's figure moved swiftly through the doors, walking towards the edge of the patio. Esme pushed herself away from the wall, walking barefoot against the cold hardwood floors of his room. Her petite frame fit in the gap where the glass doors were still held slightly ajar. She stood for a moment admiring his figure. Then she walked over as he turned his head to the side, watching her. Her hues opened in awe as his pale skin set light against the black sky.

His eyes were free of the redness, no longer seeming tired. He looked healthy again. He must have taken another vial of the potion she made. His eyes followed her movements until she stood before him. Esme stood near the railing as she gazed out at the gardens- breathing in the outdoor smell of nature. Her eyes closed as a smile rose above her lips. Just then, her head tilted up, watching the stars glow against the night sky.

His silence was a gift, an inner peace she was beginning to treasure. Her finger lifted pointed up at the sky, and she turned to meet his eyes, "That's Draco. The constellation."

A smile adorned his lips, "You know your constellations?"

She scoffed, "Of course."

And then something inside him changed. His eyes transformed darkly, observing her, with a fueled intention in the midst of it all. There was a hidden solicitousness emerging from the thickness of the edges. The clouds in his eyes had passed through their storm, now carrying a mysterious glint becoming clear as day.

Hints of silver glistened from where he stood, shining as the moonlight fell into his direct path of sight. And she didn't dare to look away.

"Say my name, again," he whispered.

Her eyebrows narrowed in confusion before realizing what he wanted. Her mouth opened as his name fell from her lips like silk, "Draco."

Day: 283

He offered to take her to the Manor Library, and she would be a fool to resist.

Montrer la voie." ( lead the way), Esme murmured quietly, sensing his figure from behind her.

Mr Malfoy gripped her shoulders softly, pausing for a brief second then sent her a small squeeze of reassurance, "Relax Esme. Just close your eyes, and I'll guide you."

She remained silent, keeping her bubbling anxiety to a minimum. Almost blinded by her thoughts, Draco's voice rings through her ears, steering her clear.