【𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰】

Start from the beginning

There was a blossoming relationship between the two, that much was obvious. Aeneas spent all of his free time with her, while she wrote all her songs about him.

The female suitors all detested the fact that a lowly songstress such as her could grasp their beloved's attention, and they all sought to exile her. Together, they weaved lies and exiled her.

The songstress then wandered from place to place, singing her now famous song of yearning - 'Song of the Isle of Sorrow'.

"I yearn for you, I'm infatuated with you, I think about you,
O' this fruitless love of mine.
My thoughts go to you as I think of you again and again,
O' this yearning so grand."

The prince, on the other hand, had found out of this plan they made and was enraged. He ordered for them to be exiled from his kingdom and to bring back his precious songstress.

Day and night they searched, but to no avail. She was nowhere to be found, and the prince was in despair. How deeply he longed to see his songstress again, but she had slipped out of his grasp so easily, so silently.

Months went on and the king had begun to get worried for his son, who's search for this particular songstress proved to be fruitless. He introduced various other songstresses to him, but he refused all of them.

"They are not her," he would tell him, retreating to his chambers without another word.

Every night, he prayed for her safety, as well as hope that he would be able to find her. He realised that he had fallen in deep love with her, but it was too late to tell her so.

One fateful night, he heard her enchanting voice echoing throughout the night.

"I yearn for you, I'm infatuated with you, I think about you.
Even if my life would falter,
My thoughts go to you again and again
I'm willing to wander in karma."

He, without a second thought, rushed out of his chambers and into the direction he heard her voice. Various guards followed after him at the order of their king, and found him staring at a dancing woman with his knees on the ground and the happiest smile they had ever seen on his face.

The couple shared an embrace and a kiss, Aeneas crying with joy as he held her close.

They then proceeded to rule the kingdom of Xaisea, one of peace and prosper.

However, this couldn't be farther from the truth.

The beginning was mostly correct - you were shunned by the world. However, you were not brought to the palace in a carriage of any sort. He didn't even come to take you.

His men had kidnapped you, forcing you to perform for him every night. You were never happy with him, and every woman who had been vying for his attention had been discarded.

They did not exile you, you merely ran away. You managed to hide from him for three quarters of a year, and during those nine months you had met a man whom you fell in love with. You hoped that you were gone long enough for Aeneas to give up his chase, yet he continued. You wished to settle down with your lover, but Aeneas did not allow it.

He and his men had broken into the home of your lover and took you away, lighting his home on fire.

When you had arrived back at the palace, you were escorted to the prince's room. You were to stay there and accompany the prince no matter where he went as his betrothed. You were still to perform for him and only him every night, and so you set to work.

(Every man, other than his father, who so much as glanced at you was killed, head ripped off gruesomely, limbs pulled off painfully. You would never forget their screams.)

You wrote your song, 'Song of the Isle of Sorrows', under the guise of it being your feelings when you were away from him. He accepted the excuse and allowed you to perform it, unaware that when you sang and danced, you did it for another man.

Every night, you dreamed of your lover. You would spend your time staring at the moon, wondering what could have been. Was this all your fault? Perhaps.

Had you not had this beautiful voice, Aeneas wouldn't have come for you.

Had you not run away, you wouldn't have caused his death.

Had you not been born, none of this would have happened.

So, you plunged the knife through your heart.

"Petal by petal, the flowers fall.
My fate must be destined to be tragic."

wassup y'all ya girl is back 🥴

i hated the exams,, pretty sure i failed math but whatever it's not counted lol

anyways hope y'all enjoyed this :D it's eh but hey i managed to push out something so yeehaw

aight bye y'all <3