"I said I was taking you home," I said to him as I stared off at the cracked street, "I'm taking you home."

"No more pain will come your way when I'm here." I finally offered before looking at him, his brown eyes coming across as very familiar.

"Bullshit." He grumbled as he took another painful breath, "You are pain."

I tisked, "Maybe if you don't shut your mouth."

"I could have left you there." I snapped, "I could have let them break all of your ribs and bite off your fingers."

I tilted my head at him, "But I decided not to."

"So, maybe you should be thanking me instead of angering me."

I wrapped my arm under the boys then to pull him from the wall, leaving it there to take some of the pressure off his aching form.

"Let's get you back to your den, Garden Snake." I rolled my eyes as I basically dragged his weak form.

As minutes passed by I sighed again, "Are all the Serpents this weak?"

"Can't take one beating?" I'd chuckled.

"No." The boy grumbled as he tried to take on more of his weight only to drop it back onto my shoulders.

"I'm new." He'd admitted finally.

I'd allowed myself to frown for a moment, "Did you even realize where you were?"

I could feel him shake his head against my arm, "Well,"

"Now you know to stay away, right?" We'd locked eyes for a long moment before his caught my expression.

"I won't come back." He'd promised before I finally nodded.

"You better not," I let out a huff, "Or next time I'll be the one beating you."

"And I won't let you live."

The silence seemed to drag on, either of us only being able to hear the sounds of his worn sneakers dragging against the uneven pavement.

"I'm Joshua- Josh." The boy finally mumbled.

"Ghoulie Princess." I replied, unwilling to share my entirely personal title. I didn't want him to speak of me, I didn't want my name spreading.

The boy glanced up at me with a small chuckle, "Thank you."

"For what?" I grumbled in annoyance.

"Not letting them break my ribs and bite off my fingers." He quoted making me crack a smile.

"Shut up before I do it myself." I rolled my eyes.

"Hurry up," I pulled, "I don't have all night, Garden Snake."

My steps slowed as time dragged on, as I aided this boy for a mile on cracked streets in the summer heat.

"You tell anyone about this and I'll carve your eyes out and feed them to my dog." I said once I'd turned to face him.

The sight of the railroads made me feel hollow, knowing my life served no purpose and had no end in sight. As the railroads which seemed to go on beyond the horizon.

"Why do it then?" The boy held onto his ribs.

"Maybe I respect your nobility, Snake." I glared.

"Your girl deserves someone who would die for her." I rose a brow, his eyes widening just a fraction.

"You're not how they describe you." He said with an arduous expression.

At my lingering stare he continued, "They talk about you like you're a wild, lone wolf."