𝟓. 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

Start from the beginning

i softly hum in response to her as i continued to eye the park and the street in front of us.

"um.. y/n?" liv timidly speaks, which is very rare, "remember the other night?"

i snicker, "yeah, sorry about that. i must've confessed some really stupid things."

she shakes her head, "no, no. i mean... about the other thing."

"what thing?"

"you don't remember?"

i shake my head and i see her face fall into sadness.

"oh... then never mind."

i wish liv would use her big mouth to have a heart to heart conversation with me, not just build up all those hatred and tension for people from my past.

whatever, i shook off the thought.

i instinctively bring my cigarette to my forearm, right next to where all my tally marks were.

i yelp at the sizzle and almost double over in pain. i wince as i rub the hot spot on my arm.

"why do you do that?" liv asks me with concern.

i shrug, "oh this? this isn't usual i've just found that it builds up the fire within me."

these past couple days i've been burning myself 'cause it really just fuels my hatred for everyone and everybody. it gives me more confidence in my decision to kill my father and quint.

liv eyed me suspiciously but i could tell she didn't want to argue with me so she just walked off to caleb.

"caleb, we need more supplies." she ordered.

i sigh as i realize she's probably gonna make me go seduce another cashier... just great!

i walk up to the girl, "liv... i don't know about this.. i just think we should calm down for a bit, i mean... maybe we should think about this for a second."

she scoffs, "y/n, burn yourself as many times that you have to, to realize that what we're doing here is the right thing."

"said with love." she adds.

i groan out of exhaustion and annoyance.

"fine."

miles's pov.

"pit stop time." i announce as i park the car at some gas station along the road.

"yay! kate, can i get candy?" flora pleads.

kate shakes her head, "no, flora. it's the after noon, you don't need any sweets."

"pleaseeee!"

"yeah, kate. please." i join in and smirk as i watch the disappointment on her face.

kate and i may be on good terms now, but i can't lie... i really do enjoy messing with her.

"fine, but only one." she seizes.