.23

"Has anyone arrived yet?"

He shook his head.

And she sighed in relief.

Yes! She was on time!

"I want this to get over with. I gotta get my girlfriend out for a date." Miles muttered darkly, his eyes skimming over the newspaper spread on the table.

Emma took off her sling bag and occupied the space beside him.

She had to arrive early because well, she didn't want to get surprised by seeing strangers floating around. She had to be the first one to greet them. Not the other way around.

Shutting her eyes, she relaxed but alas! The second she shut her eyes up, his smouldering eyes would take up her vision. . burning. . melting. .for her-

Hastily, she snapped her eyes open feeling the thud thud of her treacherous heart. God! If only she could clutch her heart . Calm it down somewhat. .

His name was enough to make her forget everything like Miles examining her harassed face.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm-im fine. What are you doing so early?" She asked trying to change the topic.

And he fell for it.

"I suffer from insomnia and nope, don't you give me that I'm so sorry look. I'm fine by it." He shrugged carelessly, his eyes going back to the paper.

"Whatever floats your boat." She smiled.

"Yeah yeah. ." He trailed off.

"Do you want coffee?" She asked eagerly because she herself needed a caffeine fix early in the morning.

"Who doesn't want one?" His dry voice made her stand up. Oh she knew her way around the house like the back of her hand. The maids didn't arrive until 10.

And the beast didn't wake up till 9.

Her heart perked up at his mention. It was so weird and beautiful at the same time. .how the tiny muscle would send sparks of joy all over her body and-

"Concentrate." She muttered. Now going towards the sleek kitchen.

As she entered , Emma switched on all the lights and walked towards the stove.

After five minutes , she was leaning against the shelf, while the coffee brewed.

Lost in her thoughts, she did hear the heavy footsteps coming towards the kitchen but she didn't take much notice.

Must be miles.

A tall shadow appeared on the threshold.

Emma rolled her eyes.

"I know you couldn't wait much. What'll become of . . ," She trailed off seeing him staring back at her. Dressed casually in a t shirt and pants, the shirt seemed to be emphasising his broad shoulders. .he seemed to shock her every single time.

Green eyes fell on her and didn't move.

"Seems like destiny has it in for us." He stated in a cool voice.

Emma felt like if she didn't get out right now, she would burst into flames! The fire on the stove was getting to her! It was getting under her skin. Or was it him doing all that? She could feel the beads of sweat on her back. . slipping down.

"I don't think so. " She whispered softly.

"Then what is it you think of?" He asked taking her aback.