𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝕾𝖕𝖞

Start from the beginning

So Ray knew this entire time?! You thought, covering your mouth in shock. If he knew, why didn't he stop it?! If he stopped it, Diana wouldn't have died! You continued to listen, betrayal and anger tugging harshly at your heart.

You could remember your younger self, blaming Ray for something he could have prevented but you knew your frustration was misplaced. You were the ignorant one. You were the helpless one. You had only watched as Diana died at the hands of the demons, unable to do anything.

"Are there any other spies?" Norman asked, continuing his questioning. "Nope, I'm the only one," Ray answered. "You supported Mama despite knowing everything?" Norman asked. "Yep," Ray replied.

Norman's fest clenched as the memories came rushing back at him, all the fun times that the four of you spent together and all the words of assistance Ray had promised. "Was everything a lie?" Was Ray lying about everything he had said up until now? Did he truly want the escape to succeed?

You walked away from the room, already aware of everything that was going on. The past you had been the same, in disbelief at Ray's betrayal. But you found out his reason and after that, you could only accept it. For me, for all of us.

"There's something else that's bothering me," Norman said, his sapphire eyes narrowing. "(y/n) knew you were the spy but yet, she chose to do nothing about it. Even if it was you, she definitely would have tried to stop you but she didn't. She must have had a reason not to. Ray, why did you willingly become Mama's pawn?"

Ray was the plan's backbone, the plan's biggest player, you had realized.

"(y/n)? What are you doing out here?" Ray asked, noticing your presence. "Did you... hear everything?" He bit his lip as you nodded. "You weren't supposed to..."

You opened your mouth to say something but no sound came out. Ray saw the frustration in your expression before he grabbed your hand, dragging you to a more secluded location.

'Why? Why didn't you do anything?' You wrote on a sheet of paper, your hands shaking as tears of anger fell from your eyes. 'Why did you let all our siblings die?!'

"(y/n), please listen to me," Ray said, trying to calm you down. This was completely out of what he had originally planned but he knew that in order for you to trust him, he would have to tell you. "I wasn't planning to tell you this early but I guess I don't have a choice."

You looked at the small item in your hands, the same item you had been tinkering with for years. A whistle just barely as big as your palm. If it weren't for Ray, you knew you wouldn't have been able to obtain this, much less create a device for the escape.

"I made a deal with Mama," Ray said, holding up two fingers. "I roughly demanded two things from her. One, she wouldn't ship me right off the bat if I worked for her. And two, I'd be compensated for my work."

"Compensated... what do you mean by that?" Norman asked, perplexed. "All kinds of useless stuff," Ray answered. "I could get her to order things that weren't found in the House."

"Wait, were you testing what she could and couldn't get her hands on?" Norman asked, realizing. "Exactly, it was like killing two birds with one stone since I could also get a taste of the 'outside world' through these demands," Ray confirmed. "In the end, I could get almost anything I wanted unless they weren't dangerous but the thing that sucked was that they weren't the latest versions."

"Then... when you said that you had an idea on how to destroy the transmitters... were you actually telling the truth?" Norman asked.

"I've seen them with my own eyes," Ray answered. "I've been experimenting. It took many years but I eventually found a way. I'm definitely capable of destroying them. Let me be clear here. I can reliably render the transmitters useless." Ray smirked sinisterly. "Do you get it? Sitting right in front of you at this moment... is your best trump card."