2

Chapter 2
Vitto Linnaeus Cendaña

I don’t know why but I couldn’t possibly mad at the girl who fooled me. She was kinda cute and she had this beautiful smile.

I think I just found another reason to go to school.

I called my cousin who was running late. I was supposed to meet up with our other cousins who also transferred here.

“Bro, are you on your way na ba?” 

“No, kaka-tapos ko lang mag-shower. Why? Are you with them na ba?” Ani Pierre.

“Deins. Pahiram naman ng black shoes. Mine got… muddy.”

“Sure sure! I gotchu, bro!” –Pierre.

“Sige, thanks! Ingat ka!”

He dropped the call and I walked back to where I was supposed to go earlier. May matandang janitor doon sa likod na buti nalang naabutan ko. He told me the right direction.

Tama na nga ung daan ko!

Natawa nalang ako. Na-isahan ako ng babae na ‘yon ah! Buti nalang maganda siya. I’ve seen a lot of beautiful girls but the girl I saw earlier… she’s one of a kind. Her features made her look like a foreigner.

Nang makarating ang pinsan ko ay nag-palit lang ako ng sapatos. Iniwan ko nalang sa kotse niya ang sapatos ko na na-putikan. We ran to our room. Sumilip kami sa window and we saw that thr whole class was already laughing with the adviser.
My lips formed a small smile when I saw her again. She looked carefree. Her smile was contagious and breath taking.

“A girl already has your eye, huh?” Tinawanan ko lang ang tanong ng pinsan ko. You have no idea Pierre.

Solaze Ingrid. Serafica. She’s a Serafica? They’re... dangerous people. We’re close with the Serafica’s but she and her parents never attended the gatherings for a few years now. Ang alam ko lang ay isa lang ang babaeng Serafica na ka-edad namin. It’s her. The Heiress of Seraphine whose parents died… last january.

Every second that I spent with her that day was like the best five hours of my life.

Andami niyang jokes.

Andami niyang alam.

It was overwhelming but entertaining at the same time.

“Saang school ka galing?” She asked while eating the street food she bought. “Mauve,”

Natigilan siya sa pag-sasalita. Actually most students in Mauve are related to eachother. Doon din nag-aral ang mga pinsan niya. Most students transferred here because our previous school closed and Scarlet academy is now one of the best schools in the Philippines.

“You know Chai Serafica?” She asked. Tumango ako. “I’m friends with Chai.”

She nodded slowly. Natahimik siya saglit. I waited for her to speak again but she stayed silent. I sighed.

“You’re the Serafica Heiress, right?”

Bahagya siyang natawa. “Yes, I was.” She said coldly.

“We’ve met before…” Nag-taas siya ng kilay sa sinabi ko. “Really?

I nodded.