[10]

"Something's wrong. I can tell."

I rolled over to my side and faced her before she even finished her sentence. That night I'd made love to her a lot more than I would have originally. I wanted to feel something, anything but it was still wrong to lie here and think of Brie. The thing about Galina that I still haven't gotten use to is that she always seemed to know when something's wrong. I don't know how but I use to joke and blame it on magic powers. Maybe it's because we've been best friends since freshman year of high school and have been together since junior year. She knew me before I became me. If that makes sense.

"I know you can," I replied.

She rolled over facing me,"What's wrong, Joe?"

Everything. "Nothing," I said, "What makes you think something is wrong?"

"You're quiet-"

"Well they don't call me "Silent Superman" for nothing, Galina. Really, I'm quite alright. You have nothing to worry about."

I wanted to believe that but for once, I can't really believe in anything. Do you realize how awful that is? To be the guy who's always on tv preaching about believing in this and believing in that but can't believe in his own words. Again, if that makes sense.

"Let me finish," She said. "You're more quiet. You're distant and the only time you really smile is for JoJo which is understandable because she's your daughter but Joe, I'm about to be your wife. Are you happy with me? Be honest."

"Honestly? I'm fine. You're just overthinking things babe. Relax."

"Do you still wanna marry me?"

I sat up quickly and stared at her, "Are you serious right now?" "Dead serious."

I shook my head and stood up. I grabbed my clothes putting them on as I spoke, "Honestly, Galina, if you don't think I wanna marry you then I'm not even sure what we're doing here. We've been together since high school but I've known you my entire life. I love you, okay!? I love you! But if you're doubting that then.."

"Joe-"

"No, I don't wanna hear it. I'm leaving, I'll be back." I walked out of the room and toward the front door stepping over toys that JoJo had spread out in the living room. I opened the front door but I felt Galina's hand in mine so, I turned around.

Her eyes were watery and she started pleading with me,"We won't talk about it, okay? We won't. I'm sorry. Please stay. I came here for you. I wanted to surprise you and all we got is tonight before I'm the first flight back to Pensacola. Please don't go. I'm sorry." She reached and wrapped her arms around me crying into my chest.

I'm the world's biggest dickhead. I held her for about ten minutes long enough for her to get her crying done then whispered kissing her forehead, "I'll be back tonight. I promise."

That's when I let her go, opened the front door, and walked out.
--------------------------------------------
It's short because I'm in class! Shhhh!

Comment what you think :)

Poor Galina :(