"wow... you were so quiet I nearly missed you."

he fiddled with the hem of his shirt nervously, watching as Y/N's unwavering glare continued to stare him down. after several moments of (awkward) silence, Y/N finally got off the couch and fled to his room. tommy blinked in confusion, but shrugged and decided to follow suite and get to his own room.

"tommy?"

he halted at the voice, looking up to see S/N nonchalantly seated at the top of the stairs with his phone in hand. he looked to be occupied with whatever was on his screen, but his words were directed to tommy and tommy alone.

"they were worried about you. literally pacing up and down the hall once the sun started to go down. they forced me to call you, but you never picked up."

S/N explained, not taking his eyes off the damned phone while tommy took in all of this new information.

"oh. sorry, my phone died a little after 13:00, i got caught up hanging out with will i guess..."

the teen shrugged, getting anxious from S/N's unusual behavior. after a small pause of silence, S/N finally looked at him.

"well.... i guess you should go apologize to him. even though they haven't been speaking to you for days, i'm sure they secretly want to. he's my sibling, i know when he's lying."

S/N stood up from the step, giving tommy a small wave before closing his room's door behind him. tommy stood there for a couple of seconds before rushing up the stairs. right as he was about to pound on Y/N's door, wilbur's words came back to him.

if you are going to confront him it's best to approach with caution.

dickhead. at least he was a smart dickhead.

tommy gently knocked on the door, getting a small 'come in' from the other side before entering.

"what do you want S/N? i already told you, we're not watching that stupid-"

they stopped short once they saw tommy, their body tensing and their face slumping into a neutral expression.

"h-hey, Y/N."

no response.

"do you mind if i sit here?"

tommy closed the door behind him, gesturing to the edge of the bed with a small smile.

no response.

"all right i'm sitting anyway."

he sat at the edge of Y/N's bed in silence, Y/N watching him with blank eyes that seemed to drill into him.

after a minute of nothing, tommy let out a sigh.

"why.... are you avoiding me?"

Y/N quickly turned his head away from him. shit, that was too strong wasn't it? not careful or kind at all, god damn it.

"i-i'm sorry! maybe that was a bit blunt? i'll start over.... what's your deal? do you hate me?"

aaaaand he'd just made it worse.

Y/N watching him blankly, bringing his knees up to his chest before hugging them tightly. did he make them uncomfortable? god he was the worst, couldn't follow basic advice OR comfort someone.

"i don't.... hate you."

their voice spoke up, not daring to look tommy in the eye. tommy eyed them in confusion, shifting slightly closer to them.

"i just...."

tommy sat there expectantly, a thousand possible solutions running through his head on how to solve any issue Y/N was struggling with.

"... i need you to leave."

what?

Y/N slipped off the bed, leaving tommy even more confused.

"wh-what?"

"please leave.... i can't have you here right now."

tommy jumped off the bed, slowly growing angry.

"Y/N.... you can't just keep blowing this off! something is obviously bothering you and i want to help you because i-"

"tommy!"

he'd fucked up. he looked up at Y/N to see them enraged and crying. their eyes were filled to the brim with tears that were seconds away from spilling, and tommy nearly slapped himself right there.

"just.... leave. please."

tommy hesitated for a moment, before slumping over. he opened the door to Y/N's room, turning back to glance at them for a split second. Y/N had returned to his bed, facing away from tommy as he pulled a blanket over himself.

tommy let out a sigh, and closed the door behind him.

.: {🐝} :.

note;;
SORRY IF IT GOT BAD AT THE END I WROTE MOST OF IT MONDAY AND FINISHED IT OFF TODAY LOL
anyways, can you guys put in the comments any songs that remind you of/give off the vibe of this story? wanna make a playlist for future readers after i finish writing aaand i got nothing,, so i'd like ur input owo
that's it have a good day drink water 💕💕