27

.: {🐝} :.

what the fuck happened?

one moment, Y/N was hugging him and confiding in him, hell they almost kissed! but now, it was as if he didn't even exist anymore.

he'd greet him in the mornings, but Y/N would just walk by with a blank stare. he was staying at their house for christ's sake how the fuck could they avoid him this much!?

"i just don't fucking understand wilbur! what's his deal?"

tommy asked between spoonfuls of ice cream, tears prickling in the corners of his eyes. the tall man let out a hum, drumming his long fingers upon the picnic table they'd chosen to sit on.

tomorrow was tommy's last day with Y/N, and he had decided to meet up with wilbur to discuss his issues since wilbur probably knew what to do. they'd gotten some ice cream from a cart then stopped at a nearby park to sit down and talk.

"they've gone through a lot, tommy. what if they just... need some space? an almost-kiss can be overwhelming, especially if it could've been their first."

tommy practically groaned, slumping his torso over the table and getting chocolate ice cream on his shirt.

"but it's been days wilbur! you don't understand, they are actively ignoring me! not even a heads-up that they need time or anything like that, just straight-up avoidance. at first it was alright because I had S/N to talk to, but now it just hurts."

his voice was muffled by the table, and wilbur let out a sigh. the beanie-clad man lifted tommy up slightly to retract the cup of ice cream before speaking again.

"well, if that's the case you can try confronting him about it? since tomorrow's your last day you could just, flat-out ask what's the issue,"

wilbur offered the teen a napkin, which was received with a slap to his wrist.

"just try to be kind. you don't know what's going through his head, and if you are going to confront him it's best to approach with caution. by the way, there's chocolate all over your shirt now, please clean it, it looks like poo."

tommy sat back up and lazily wiped at the chocolate, spreading it more across his shirt before tossing the napkin into his cup.

wilbur frowned at the behavior and rolled his eyes, holding back the temptation to laugh before gathering all of their rubbish. once wilbur threw it all into a nearby bin, both he and tommy took a small stroll in the park, discussing recent events that didn't include anyone named Y/N.

while they walked, tommy had decided to confront Y/N. it wasn't like he had anything left to lose, right?

_________

when tommy arrived back at the L/N residence, it had been 20:55. nothing too late in his eyes, but it might as well had been the minute he walked through the door. it was dead quiet, all the lights in the kitchen and dining lit up while the rest were out. he'd be a liar if he said it didn't creep him out.

he nearly shit his pants when he looked at the couch, Y/N sat there with crossed legs and frog-themed pajamas. he chuckled slightly, hoping to make light of the situation.