"all right you two, it's ten. we have to go now." alisa put her phone in her purse and opened the door, you and lev walking out and walking into the elevator. you three entered the car your parents sent for you. you looked outside the window, admiring the city lights. you began to wonder how tokyo was celebrating new year's.

the party seemed to have passed you by in a flash. one minute you were taking pictures, putting up the facade that you and your parents were tight-knit. that act didn't last long as when they entered the building, your dad went off to meet with his important business friends and your mom went to talk to her celebrity friends. this left you, alisa, and lev alone.

you spent the rest of the party goofing off with lev, sipping from non-alcoholic cocktails but sneaking some sips from alisa's just for fun. when midnight came, she gave you her glass of champagne so you could experience the feeling of drinking champagne at the stroke of the new year. the champagne left a warm feeling in your stomach, it tasted sweet and bubbly. your parents came up to you three and pressed kisses to both of your cheeks.

"happy new year's sweetie!" they both said to you. you smiled and wished them both a happy new year's. when they moved onto lev and alisa, you pulled your phone out of your purse and texted momo.

you:
happy new year's peach :)
love you so much, here's to many more years with you

moguri🍑:
and a happy new year's to you too n/n
i hope to be best friends until we're all old and ugly :)

you and your siblings left half an hour later after midnight, your flight back to tokyo was at five am. it was only so early because your grandparents wanted to have dinner with you and your siblings, they do this every new year. you didn't complain at all though. they were your grandparents from your mom's side, so you got japanese food and your mom's cultural food. your grandparents looked more like you than they did lev and alisa, your father's parents were back in russia so you rarely ever saw them.

all you knew was you were going to be very sleep-deprived when you arrived back in tokyo.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

true to your thoughts, you arrived back at your house in tokyo at nine in the morning. you didn't even bother unpacking first, you just flopped onto your bed and fell into a deep slumber, hoping not to be woken up.

you were woken up hours later by alisa shaking you awake. when you opened your eyes, you saw a cup of water in her hands.

"okay 'lisa! let's not resort to pouring a cup of water on me to wake me up! i'm up!" you took the cup out of her hands and placed it on your nightstand. you sat up in your bed and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes, grabbing your phone from under your pillow where you had placed it.

"get in the shower bun, we're leaving for our grandparents in two hours. also, wear your kimono. you know how much they love seeing us in our traditional wear." and with that alisa left your room. while you loved how kimonos looked on you, you hated putting them on. especially tying the bow on the back, you never got it right.

you got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. while you were waiting for your shower to warm up, you checked your phone and saw random twitter and instagram notifications, none of them standing out to you. unlike the text message, you had received from akaashi.

kaashi:
happy new year's f/n! i heard you returned to tokyo today, hope you had a safe flight. just wanted to ask when you wanted to meet up <3