Kyushu Region

I get out of the carriage and walk around the town looking through the entire place to see exactly where I am. I did go to the market place of the town and found out the good market were selling white rice for 42 Mon. I of course grabbed 2 bags of white rice for the journey ahead of me.

After looking through the marketplace I also found an arms merchant and I looked through the various japanese weapons the merchant has currently. The japanese weapons that the merchant is selling is of good quality and it's price is definitely good for such fine weapons.

While I was going around I just had a feeling of someone following me so I quickly made my way towards an alley to avoid any eyes or people seeing what will happen.

When I arrived I turned around I saw the people who were following me and knew they were thugs who probably wanted to steal the Mon I have on me currently.

???: Hand over the money!?

???: I just arrived here and have nothing on me of value

???: Stop lying, I saw you buy bags of rice from the goods merchant.

???: So what will you do even if I give you mon...?

They took out their weapons and seemed ready to kill me and take my mon. I took out my Wakizashi and took a defensive stance. One of the bandits charged first and strikes his kama towards my left making me block with my Wakizashi to the left then punch him on the face staggering him.

I moved my Wakizashi and strikes his chest making him cry in pain and I sliced his neck with the Wakizashi making blood cover my face.

???: You Bastard!?

I grabbed the dead guys Kama and blocked the head on strike of the thugs Wakizashi. I pushed the guy back and strikes him to the left and he blocked it but I did not stop their and used the kama and stabbed it's curved blade towards the thugs head ending his life as the blade went through his head. While He died I used the Wakizashi and cut off his head from his neck.

???: At least I have experience dealing with bloody fights...

While I was taking their Mon & weapons of the thugs I heard someone call towards me. I looked up and saw a man in a pink yukata making me surprised and ready to fight once more if he was also with those thugs.

???: Are you alright? Well... I guess you're alive at any rate. I'm not sure we can say about these fellows. That's 2 less thugs to trouble our streets at night, although heaven knows they won't be the last... Anyway, maybe you can help me with something. Let's go inside my house. Who knows who is listening.

I was suspicious of him and waited for a minute to see if something else was going to happen but guess not. I followed the merchant back to his house and led me inside.

Once inside he stands by the door for a while checking the streets and nearby locals. And then finally, convinced that no one followed us both, he starts to speak to me.

???: Now let me first introduce myself along with a proposition for you. I am a humble merchant of Kagoshima Heizo. And part of the Shimazu clan, and I would like for you to help us with a problem we have in our hands.

Heizo: We've always had brigands in the hill, driven to banditry by war, dept, or love of violence. Recently, however, they have been getting bolder -- leaving their camps in the wild and venturing into our town, looking for unwary prey. The watch commander tells us that it's because of all the fighting on the frontiers.

???: The wars that are happening are affecting a lot of rogue groups & every war a clan wages on makes villages and it's people targets of them. The war will affect everyone and from the looks of it, the Shimazu clan already has a lot of territory and with their elite ashigaru units patrolling their land, clans should be careful about the other two clans in the Kyushu Region.