A step to the better

The next morning I walk onto the football field. The empty football field. I'm a couple hours early for school. It's not like I have anything better to be doing.
"This is insane. You're going to sit here? That's not desperate or anything."
I take a seat on the dewey grass, and prepare myself to wait.
30 minutes, nothing. I lay back on the grass and watch the sky.
And wake up an hour and a half later. I look at my watch and see there's 15 minutes until school starts. And there's nothing on the field either.
"Did you really think there was any chance he was coming? That's funny. Hilarious."
"Wait..." Says a tiny voice as a I scan the field, "what's that?" I notice a square of white in the center of the field.
Getting up, I brush my legs off and walk over the the square. A small piece of paper is delicately standing in a tent shaped fashion. I lean down and pick it up.
'Hey there accidental criminal, why don't you take a turn in your life and do something bad by your own decision and skip school. Meet me at the coffee shop downtown at 10:30.'
"Skip school," I quietly mumble to myself, "I. I can do that right?"
"I mean your parents don't care either way. Go ahead," chimes my head bitterly.
"I mean. He's so cute! You should totally go!" A sweet voice adds.
So it's settled. I will skip school. I can do that. Right?

Right. It's 10:20. I'm at the coffee shop without a name. It's never had a name. Small towns don't have to name their coffee shops. What am I thinking about? I don't know.
"Aw how cute. The monkey is nervous. Absolutely adorable."
"Hey there Al Capone," I hear a strong tone from behind me. I jump. And hear a laugh.
"Hey Jesse the kid," I counter. He laughs again.
"Nice comeback, it's cute. Like you," he says as he sits in the seat across from me. I gulp and look down. Another laugh. I can feel the heat in my cheeks and slowly spreading through my face.
"I hear baboons have red asses but I wasn't aware yours was on your head. Oh wait."
I take a sip of my coffee and look back up at him. His eyes are staring straight into mine and he has a huge smile on his face.
"Why exactly are you furthering my crime spree?" I ask, trying to stay cool.
"Because I think your cute and didn't know if such a badass would go on a date with me," he says, causing me to nearly choke on my coffee.
"So this is a date?"
"What do you think?"
I'm about to answer when I feel a buzzing at my leg. I reach into my pocket and grab my phone. It's a text from Krista...
'Hey, I wanted to thank you for apologizing. Wanna hang out later?'
"You know she's never invited you anywhere before. You'll probably find a way to mess it up anyways."
"Ms. Capone?"
"Huh?" He must have asked me something. Damn.
"I said what you wanted to eat. All you got is a coffee."
"That. Is a good point."
And I continued to have my first date ever.