14

Don't forget to vote and comment please💕

Life has been so good lately. We came back to Nigeria last week and Alhamdulillah everything is going smooth. Our vacay was really eventful. Shukriya came when we came back from Manchester. We had really fun the last few days in the Uk.

Now that we are back in the real world, Iman's wedding preparations have begun. They came for the introductions a few weeks ago. Baba was so thrilled he and Iman's in-laws set the date not too far From now. In four months inshallah.

I am currently at Ya Ruqaiya's along with Iman. We are helping her choose her future house theme, decors and furnitures, carpets and whatnot. Thankfully, mama started saving stuff for all of her daughter's weddings a long time ago. Whenever she sees something that'll be of use, she gets it. She did same with Ya Ruqaiya and i. I am pretty sure she has some things for Shukriya and even Nasma.

I cleared my throat. "So, for your kamu outfit you chose 'Avenga' right?"

She nodded, writing something down in her planner. "For the second outfit ba. The first outfit I chose that turquoise Asooke by 'Shadiaat Alasooke'. I wanted to go all traditional with 'the cicada' but that is what everyone is doing now ."

"Amma that turquoise Asooke is really beautiful and unique, good choice Imani." Said Ya Ruqaiya.

"Okay, so now we are done coordinating the Kamu outfits, shoes and jewelries included. Next event is dinner." I said, taking a bite of cinnamon roll.

"I was thinking that peach fabric for dinner and the designer I chose is Kathy Anthony. Jewelries, the gold set baba got for me. Shoes and clutch, those gold Rene Caovilla."

I nodded. "Perfect, next?"

"Sauran Nikah and Budan kai." She replied. "For my Nikah, I wanted to wear this cream and emerald green fabric, to be sewn by 'Avenga'. And for the budan kai the white and purple lace."

We finished sorting out the outfits and moved to photographers, videographers, caterers, bridesmaids outfits, brides sisters outfit and other family members asheobi for the kamu.

"Yaya, I thought you guys and Aunty Mariya are choosing the kamu asheobi for family members?" Imani asked Ya Ruqaiya.

"Yes, Aunty Mariya sent me a few Ankara's and I think I found just the perfect one. I will send it to her later."

"What about your Bridesmaids?" I asked her.

"Uhm, Reema said she found someone on instagram 'leemsys Apparel'. She'll handle the bridesmaids outfits." Batoul replied. Reema is a close friend of hers.

"What about ours? For kamu we want Adire and for dinner, we can talk amongst ourselves and decide." I said. They both agreed and we moved on to the photographers.

"Nonso Okoye of course for the photography. And Hawthorn Media for videography." Iman said as she jots down in her planner. We agreed on the caterers and event halls, djs and all the other necessities.

Just as we were done for the day, I decided to go back home. "Let me get going, Hameed is coming back today."

"Please drop me off at home." Said Iman, getting up from her sitting position. She went into the room to pick up her things.

"Yaya, mun tafi." I said to Ya Ruqaiya as Iman came out of the room.

"Say hi to the kids for me." She replied with a smile and we left.

I Entered the drivers seat as Iman did the passengers seat. I turned on the ignition and drove out of Ya Ruqaiya's compound in gwarimpa.

"So, how are you feeling? I know wedding preps can take a toll on a person."