I stared at her as an astonished look encapsulated my face. She must've read me like a book, it was almost as if she knew I was planning to tell her everything that happened. I better explain my situation to her before anyone else finds out that I was dating a ghost school wonder and that I happened to live with him.

"Well you see..." I started to say, except that was as far as I could go before our teacher stepped into the room to begin our lesson.

"Good morning class! We'll start by reading chapters seven and eight of your book. I hope everyone is ready to go." Our teacher spoke as I glanced at Nene in an apologetic way to tell her that I was meaning to explain something important to her.

She seemed to understand my notion as she wrote something down on a piece of paper and passed it to me.

'I know you were trying to tell me something, but that's okay. We'll talk about it during lunch break.' She wrote as I looked up to her and nodded in agreement as we resumed listening to the lesson.

Time Skip!

It was finally lunch time as I went with Nene to the cafeteria to grab some food and head towards the rooftop to chat. I'm not going to lie, I'm always glad to have a school period where we all sit down, eat, and have conversations with friends. It's one of the better parts of the day that allows me time to think and reflect on things outside of the normal classroom standards.

In this case, this was the perfect opportunity to tell Nene everything. Not only about prom, but things that went on with my parents, living situation, and even Hanako and I's relationship.

"The breeze sure feels nice out here! I'm so happy that we decided to come up here instead of being cramped in the cafeteria." Nene said as we both sat down on the ground placing our lunches on our laps while continuing to talk.

"Yeah, me too. Luckily, the teachers don't seem to care all that much. Otherwise, we would probably be in trouble." I added, as we chuckled at my remark towards the staff at the school.

We ate our lunch in a peaceful silence while enjoying each other's company as the wind silently blew through our hair. I was purposefully quiet considering that I had things I needed to address with Nene and felt the pressure rise inside me to finally say something.

"Hey, Nene?" I began to say, sparking the next set of conversation that would soon unfold.

"Yes, Y/N?" She responded back with a smile present on her face to my call for her attention.

"Did you ever find out what exactly happened during prom?" I asked her with uncertainty laced in my voice.

"What do you mean? Are you talking about between you and Teru?" She replied in confirming my suspicions regarding my conversation topic.

"Yeah..." I answered with a low sigh escaping my lips.

"Is there something bothering you? Did Teru do anything to you?" She asked in worry as she noticed my change in mood.

"Not exactly... I just feel like there are some things I need to tell you. You're my best friend and, after everything from prom, it made me realize that you deserve to know what's going on." I explained with a serious tone as I looked at her with sincerity.

She glanced at me with a confirming look as if she knew it was something that needed to be discussed.

"You can trust me in saying what's on your mind. I won't judge you for telling the truth if that makes you feel better." Nene said in understanding my situation while being as supportive as possible.